In search of - Rod Machado's Instrument Pilot's Handbook

fener6

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
fener6
Anyone have a copy of Rod Machado's Instrument Pilot's Handbook they are interested in selling?

Thought I would ask before spending the money on a new book.

Let me know. Thanks.

Other than the amusing stories, the information in the older Instrument Pilot Survival Manual is woefully obsolete (in fact, some of the information was outright wrong on the day he wrote it).

Last edited:
The Instrument Pilot's Survival Manual and his newer Instrument Pilot's Handbook are different books. The former is out of print.

The Instrument Pilot's Survival Manual and his newer Instrument Pilot's Handbook are different books. The former is out of print.
Good point, I have corrected my comments.

Try eBay, might get it real cheap there. Just make sure it's the edition you want.

I do have the 2003 (second) edition. But I question if owning this book makes sense if you already have his other book - Instrument Pilot's Handbook.

I'm reading this now prior to starting ir ground next month and doing the king course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I about wore that book out during my instrument training. Just cleared up a lot things the FAA books confused me about. You'll refer to it during your instrument training. Good luck!

Back