(in my best Tom Hanks) THERE'S NO CRYING IN ONLINE FORUMS!

LandSickness

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
fri tale
I just witnessed the biggest whinefest, the likes I've never seen, in a thread where the OP received comments that weren't a direct response to his question. Said poster then pitched a hissy fit and stormed off like a Diva to pollute another online forum. It was a very childish display and frankly, I'm growing weary of if.

Forgive me for saying but you're a damn fool to think you could post a question and not expect fringe opinions and other conversations to grow out of the original question. Even still, it's real easy to take what helps you and ignore the rest. It's a waste of the Moderator's time,IMHO, to have to step into every shoving match that breaks out. It's like bringing your Mom from home to take on the school bully. We should be able to read a difference of opinion typed out in a thread and not go ballistic just because it wasn't a direct answer or the answer we wanted to hear. We should also be able to accept someone else's opinion as there's and not take it as a personal attack. Lighten up, jeeze louise....

The choice is simple; You're either staying, and if so, you need to grow up and develop thicker skin, or you're leaving, in which case, don't let the door hit ya.... It's up to you to decide, but for Pete's sake,
THERE'S NO CRYING IN ONLINE FORUMS! :nono:

I just witnessed the biggest whinefest, the likes I've never seen,

New to the Internet? :rofl: Perhaps you missed th Usenet days...:rolleyes:

(Seriously, though, I do share your sentiment. But as bad as that was, I have seen much worse....)

A self-referential contradiction.

It doesn't apply to me at all because I have a great filter and pretty thick skin when I'm actually looking for answers to a question. This, my friend, is strictly "soapboxing."

I just witnessed the biggest whinefest, the likes I've never seen, in a thread where the OP received comments that weren't a direct response to his question. Said poster then pitched a hissy fit and stormed off like a Diva to pollute another online forum. It was a very childish display and frankly, I'm growing weary of if.

Forgive me for saying but you're a damn fool to think you could post a question and not expect fringe opinions and other conversations to grow out of the original question. Even still, it's real easy to take what helps you and ignore the rest. It's a waste of the Moderator's time,IMHO, to have to step into every shoving match that breaks out. It's like bringing your Mom from home to take on the school bully. We should be able to read a difference of opinion typed out in a thread and not go ballistic just because it wasn't a direct answer or the answer we wanted to hear. We should also be able to accept someone else's opinion as there's and not take it as a personal attack. Lighten up, jeeze louise....

The choice is simple; You're either staying, and if so, you need to grow up and develop thicker skin, or you're leaving, in which case, don't let the door hit ya.... It's up to you to decide, but for Pete's sake,
THERE'S NO CRYING IN ONLINE FORUMS! :nono:

Look in the mirror!:rolleyes:

Back