In-flight service

Kaye

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
iPlaneless
In the past, Kaye’s Komfort Airline has only provide bottled water for in-flight service. My non-paying pax, aka husband, is complaining about the lack of in-flight food. For our upcoming trip to the Keys, what would you recommend that I add to this in-flight service?

In the past, Kaye’s Komfort Airline has only provide bottled water for in-flight service. My non-paying pax, aka husband, is complaining about the lack of in-flight food. For our upcoming trip to the Keys, what would you recommend that I add to this in-flight service?

A roll of duct tape. :goofy:

hehehe

A relative of mine found a source for new, in-flight service items - napkins with holes to attach to your button, glassware, metal swizzle sticks, etc in the airline service motif.

Those are the perfect items to use when dealing with a smart-alec non-paying pax.

A roll of duct tape. :goofy:

Perfect!!! :rofl:

Duly noted and forwarded to non-paying pax!

And I like the idea of snacks with a price tag. May have to make up a little box with goodies....with a substantial price tag. :yes:

Try potato chips and cola's and fly high. That way you get in-flight entertainment also.

Or just go with those little bags of peanuts.

Kaye the food and drink is less important than the demeanor of the stewardess! On that account he should have no complaints!

Scott

Whatever you serve, make sure to serve the dustbuster with it. He who eats, cleans....

No food but we always carry water and soda and coffee. But do you think I can get the flight attendant to get me a drink? Heck no, I have to get my own, she's to busy taking a nap.:rofl:
Ron

tough crowd. avoid chocolate, it gets hot and then pretty soon all controls and buttons are covered in goo. gatorade is great for liquid replenishment. a camelbak full of water is better. in the glider when i fly XC i usually take some sort of trail mix or energy bar or dried fruit. avoid crumby food, its a PIA to clean up. you DONT want to be attracting mice into your airplane after you land.

I prefer the shrimp cocktail appetizer, followed by a medium rare sirloin. After fruit and cheese, a Haagen Daaz sundae is a good finisher.

I have a good friend that travels on the airlines a lot. He brings me big bags of airline snacks. I throw them in the glove box and when someone says: "What kind of and airline is this, were are the snacks?" I pass them out.You can't beat the price for sure. Bob

Perfect!!! :rofl:

Duly noted and forwarded to non-paying pax!

And I like the idea of snacks with a price tag. May have to make up a little box with goodies....with a substantial price tag. :yes:
You, unlike the airlines, can take it in trade! :goofy::yes:

We've always been pretty happy with granola bars and water. That way it gives us an opportunity to find somewhere neat to stop for lunch. Sometimes you luck out sometimes you don't. BTW, don't always believe the reports from airnav.com

I prefer the shrimp cocktail appetizer, followed by a medium rare sirloin. After fruit and cheese, a Haagen Daaz sundae is a good finisher.

Lance,

When your wife's along, I'm sure the above isn't too far from the truth! :yes: If I was married to her, I'd probably weigh 400 pounds.

Kaye the food and drink is less important than the demeanor of the stewardess! On that account he should have no complaints!

Scott

Stewardess!!!! Who you calling a stewardess!?!?!?!? I'm the revered girl PILOT, doncha know!!! I'm no stinkin' stewardess!!! :lightning::lightning:

:D

I've carried MRE's. Some aren't too bad. If you toss the pouch up
on top of the glare shield over the defroster vent for a while and
turn it on .. you can have a warm meal.

RT

Your husband should pack his own lunch, what does he think this is, a private plane or something? Oh wait...

Anything that will hasten the "We need to land" feelings is bad. Normally, I'll bring a bottled Frappuccino. Wakes me up if I get a bit tired, and provides me with enough calories to sustain me until I land.

Water is good. Salty stuff is ok (but not too much) as it makes you retain water and need to pee less often - one reason airline snacks are salty. Caffeine is a diuretic and makes you need to pee more often, so try to avoid it if you can.

Grumble... grumble... Stinkin' corporate pilots... grumble.

Aye, I see you're getting spoiled from the Learjet-lifestyle. :cheerswine:

-Rich

Aye, I see you're getting spoiled from the Learjet-lifestyle. :cheerswine:

-Rich
Nah, I only get that good stuff nonreving on Delta. Their Business Elite is quite nice.
I did however once have a doughnut and cup of coffee on the Lear.

I'd avoid anything that could be sticky or gooey. Liquids - water only. If it spills, big deal: "hey, a new clean spot". Not so with gatorade or any juices.

Trail mix sounds great, or those trail bars.

Your husband should pack his own lunch, what does he think this is, a private plane or something? Oh wait...
Hmmm....I've got to find a way to play that card somehow!

"Whaddya mean you don't want to fly?? Honey, think of me as your own private plane with its own pilot, ready to whisk you away to anywhere (within 350nm) at a moments notice..."

No food but we always carry water and soda and coffee.

How does that work out with the soda? Years ago when I was a student, an instructor admonished me to open a soda on the ground, or else I'd be wearing it if I tried to open it at altitude. Haven't bothered with one since.

-Rich

water and trail bars/mix are always good mainstays. Another idea might be bite-size snacks in closeable containers (e.g., Ritz bits crackers in a mini size container, animal crackers (gotta have the brand with the string handle on the box), individually wrapped cheese sticks (if you can keep them chilled; get some proten in the meal mix there)...

Leslie

How does that work out with the soda? Years ago when I was a student, an instructor admonished me to open a soda on the ground, or else I'd be wearing it if I tried to open it at altitude. Haven't bothered with one since.

-Rich

Bottles aren't quite so bad, so long as you're really really careful until the liquid level gets lower.

Back