In cockpit w/ Sean Tucker

Wow! Failed to realize how much hard work it is to do that stuff!

I want one!!! It would be neat if they had a picture in picture showing the stuff from the ground as well. But it sure looks fun from inside!

What kind of plane is he flying?

I want one!!! It would be neat if they had a picture in picture showing the stuff from the ground as well. But it sure looks fun from inside!

What kind of plane is he flying?

The Oracle Challenger is a modified Pitts S2.

It's nice seeing in plane video without music or ground shots. It shows the reality of all those beautiful arcs and circles and attitude changes. Beautiful art outside, brutal unforgiving hard world inside making it happen.

Great video. I'd love to see one with the pilot's view.

I'm no Sean Tucker and this isn't remotely as full-on as his video but it's an HD aerobatic video shot with a camera attached to my hat. This is the IAC Intermediate Known sequence from a last year. It's got loops, rolls, a rolling turn, a spin, snap roll, etc. It's a decent perspective of what I see when I'm flying:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIPIZGua8eM

I have some kickin' music to go with the version on my phone but haven't spent the time in youtube's audioswap database to pick a copywrite free soundtrack.

Enjoy.

I'm no Sean Tucker and this isn't remotely as full-on as his video but it's an HD aerobatic video shot with a camera attached to my hat. This is the IAC Intermediate Known sequence from a last year. It's got loops, rolls, a rolling turn, a spin, snap roll, etc. It's a decent perspective of what I see when I'm flying:

I have some kickin' music to go with the version on my phone but haven't spent the time in youtube's audioswap database to pick a copywrite free soundtrack.

Enjoy.
Really cool - thanks for sharing.

I'm no Sean Tucker and this isn't remotely as full-on as his video...

Yours shows precision, though. :D I think Sean's very talented, but I'm not a big fan of his flying...not a lot of variety and mostly a lot of high speed continuous snaps and gyroscopics without a lot of precise control over how/when they stop...not that your average airshow spectator would appreciate that. I like a little hell-raisin' AND precision. I think Skip Stewart does that pretty well.

Enjoy.

That was way cool. I just spent the weekend working at the Chapter 15 IAC contest. That's the first time I've seen the maneuvers from that perspective. I actually was able to recognize some of them

Thanks.

The Oracle Challenger is a modified Pitts S2.

They only changed the wings, fuselage,tailfeathers and control system (and a thousand other parts)...

Only two like it in the world and even those two are different!

But it DOES have two wings...

Chris

Back