Important News about the Future of POA

Re: Imortant News about the Future of POA

See, right there brings into question the viability of this whole thing. If the people in charge are going to choose to go to the Palm Desert where they need a last minute deal to get the same price as a convention held in a much nicer setting in the Bahamas, I'm not sure I can trust their ability to make good decisions....

I may be off base, but it sounds like a tongue in cheek statement. I would be surprised if they were actually contemplating doing that.

I may be off base, but it sounds like a tongue in cheek statement. I would be surprised if they were actually contemplating doing that.

Hence the tongue in cheek response...:rolleyes:

Only because we hadn't thought of it, so thanks for the idea.

Now, does anybody know of a Bahamas vacation package deal for six people including air fare (from six different locations around the US) plus hotel and meals (and, of course, full bar -- we're big-time directors, after all) for $75 each?

Now, does anybody know of a Bahamas vacation package deal for six people including air fare (from six different locations around the US) plus hotel and meals (and, of course, full bar -- we're big-time directors, after all) for $75 each?

You're pilots damnit, so fly yourselves. I can get you some pretty nice inclusive packages for not a heck of a lot more. I can set you up for the last week of August, surf is usually pretty fantastic....

IMHO the Caymans are better than the Bahamas plus you will be able to visit your PoA monies ;) :)

Holy schnikes, people, are we really that crazy? I'm going to go look at the Spin Zone for a while, things are much tamer there.

There are no guarantees in life. I have confidence that there are no nefarious reasons behind this move, and that things will be just fine in the short and medium term. In the long term, if PoA gets all screwed up and completely sucks, then someone will certainly start another board (www.blueboard.net anyone?) and we can all go there.

For now, everyone forget Adam's message that started this thread. He was lying. In reality, Tony Condon is graduating again and we want to buy him another gift. Send your donations via PayPal to subscriptions@pilotsofamerica.com. :D :rolleyes:

If I front the whole $450, can we get dancing girls?
Prerequisites for said girls at my discretion of course.

Donation sent.

Send me a postcard from Palm Springs or the Bahamas or where ever you go.

I don't know what's going on but when I clicked that link it opened
about a hundred intances of IE. Very strange.

Is there any way you can put a thermometer indicating the contributions so far on the POA home page?

Lance then we'd have to let everyone know how much we raised and couldn't hide it from everyone :rolleyes: That would actually be Jesse's baliwick but It may be tough to do b/c several folks are sending checks and not going the Paypal route. So it would be very current info. But I'll look in to it.

IMHO the Caymans are better than the Bahamas plus you will be able to visit your PoA monies ;) :)

Caymans better than Bahamas? Not even close. Lot's more islands, waayyyy better reefs and walls, lot nice spots ranging from full on Atlantis to Harbor Island, Staniel Cay, and a plethora of out island anchorages that are just impeccable. Theres one really cool wall dive off Long Island That comes off a beautiful reef at 25', you cross it and then head down a 120' ski jump ramp that just drops into the abyss and is a great place the see the interaction of the pelagics and reef species in the same place, and at the top there is this transparent violet sponge that looks like it has a black light underneath it.

To me the Caymans was a bit of an over worked disappointment.

Holy schnikes, people, are we really that crazy? I'm going to go look at the Spin Zone for a while, things are much tamer there.

There are no guarantees in life. I have confidence that there are no nefarious reasons behind this move, and that things will be just fine in the short and medium term. In the long term, if PoA gets all screwed up and completely sucks, then someone will certainly start another board (www.blueboard.net anyone?) and we can all go there.

For now, everyone forget Adam's message that started this thread. He was lying. In reality, Tony Condon is graduating again and we want to buy him another gift. Send your donations via PayPal to subscriptions@pilotsofamerica.com. :D :rolleyes:

As usual, Kent cuts through the BS. I agree completely. This is a completely voluntary association. If it gets "screwed up" then a new Chuck will form a new board and folks can migrate over there. Man, and I thought Greeks were argumentative!!!

Caymans better than Bahamas? Not even close. Lot's more islands, waayyyy better reefs and walls, lot nice spots ranging from full on Atlantis to Harbor Island, Staniel Cay, and a plethora of out island anchorages that are just impeccable. Theres one really cool wall dive off Long Island That comes off a beautiful reef at 25', you cross it and then head down a 120' ski jump ramp that just drops into the abyss and is a great place the see the interaction of the pelagics and reef species in the same place, and at the top there is this transparent violet sponge that looks like it has a black light underneath it.

To me the Caymans was a bit of an over worked disappointment.
You talking just diving?

I was talking from a total perspective. I felt the Caymans had much better land stuff than the Bahamas, was not quite as t-shirtish and hair braiding as the Bahamas. With more upscale restaurants, business, safer better housing, etc.

You talking just diving?

I was talking from a total perspective. I felt the Caymans had much better land stuff than the Bahamas, was not quite as t-shirtish and hair braiding as the Bahamas. With more upscale restaurants, business, safer better housing, etc.

Agreed. The Bahamas -- ugh!

Lance then we'd have to let everyone know how much we raised and couldn't hide it from everyone :rolleyes: That would actually be Jesse's baliwick but It may be tough to do b/c several folks are sending checks and not going the Paypal route. So it would be very current info. But I'll look in to it.

Adam .. would you kindly send me an address where I might send a
check since that paypal link doesn't appear to do anything.

RT

RT

Adam: I'm having the same problem as RogerT. Please send me a snail mail address.

HR

RT
The link isn't really a link to the Paypal site. That is the Paypal account name where they want you to send the money. You need to open your own Paypal account on Paypal.com, click "send money" and put that e-mail address in the "to" field.

The link isn't really a link to the Paypal site. That is the Paypal account name where they want you to send the money. You need to open your own Paypal account on Paypal.com, click "send money" and put that e-mail address in the "to" field.
Yeah - that! :D

Sorry bout the confusion on that.

Aha! As little as I've used it, I'll bet it didn't get "remembered" when Windows XP replaced Windows 2000 back in June.

HR

Can we get enough for a PoA G-IV? :wink2: :p

i hear there's a few for sale in Detroit, maybe we could pick them up cheap. But it wouldnt be able to get in and out of Gastons...

Jesse got that 737 in. He, as you know, is the greatest pilot ever! I am sure he could do it!

yea i guess he would have to fly and the rest of us could ride in the back.

But all the good colors are gone!!

Really does anyone want to be forced or the Cerulean or Magenta board?? Not Me!
Teal - in keeping with the flying motif.

Teal - in keeping with the flying motif.

I guess if you're from the south. "Wha duz y'alls Mooney have that funna lookin' teal?

Yeah - that! :D

Sorry bout the confusion on that.

I've used PayPal- is there anyway to use it without opening an account? I pay plane rental locally by PayPal- he gives a link I clock on, fill in the info, and send the payment on its way.

I've used PayPal- is there anyway to use it without opening an account? I pay plane rental locally by PayPal- he gives a link I clock on, fill in the info, and send the payment on its way.

Yes. But Adam (or whomever) needs to tweak the account on their side to enable this, and since it requires business-level account ("Website Payments Standard" or "Pro") which costs $ and transaction fees it is probably more than is needed for POA (and an unnecessary expense.)

Yes. But Adam (or whomever) needs to tweak the account on their side to enable this, and since it requires business-level account ("Website Payments Standard" or "Pro") which costs $ and transaction fees it is probably more than is needed for POA (and an unnecessary expense.)

Understood- maybe someone can PM me an address and a payee name for a check?

Thanks!

Actually, we have such a business level account.

I turned off the donations function a while ago because Jesse's "free" server farm made them unnecessary - our biggest single cost was hosting.

Let me see if I can't find that link so you can donate w/o signing up for paypal.

Ok - I've put up a link at the top of the Site Feedback forum (also visible from the forum list) where you can click to go to a donation page.

From that page, there is an option to pay via credit card without a paypal account.

Hope that helps!

FYI: We've got $225 in paypal donations so far, not counting the checks that have been sent in (I don't have that total)

Back