Imponderables N/A

Graueradler

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Graueradler
Why did the computer geek who designed the toolbar icons make the one that represents "home" look like a dog house? Does that reflect the quality of his home life? Why am I sitting here typing stupid questions like this. I must have something better to do..

Bobby Day said:
Why did the computer geek who designed the toolbar icons make the one that represents "home" look like a dog house?

Because a $2.5million luxury home is too difficult to draw with that few pixels? :dunno:

Why do they need the cutsie pictures there anyway? Can't anyone read the word and click on that? Or are we into illiteracy issues now? (can't read, just click on the picture) Most of the time they don't even give you the option to get rid of the pictures anymore.

Bobby Day said:
Does that reflect the quality of his home life?

Maybe he has a superiority complex and is putting all the end users in the doghouse since we're obviously inferior to him. :dunno:

Bobby Day said:
Why am I sitting here typing stupid questions like this.

Because it's saturday night and you have only slightly more to do than I do.

Bobby Day said:
I must have something better to do..

Cherios. Stack them in a single column. See how high you can get. :goofy:

Brian Austin said:
No challenge. I do it with Kix. :rofl:

The trick is to do it with Grape Nuts. That's when you know you need a new hobby.

fgcason said:
Why do they need the cutsie pictures there anyway? Can't anyone read the word and click on that? Or are we into illiteracy issues now? (can't read, just click on the picture) Most of the time they don't even give you the option to get rid of the pictures anymore.
:goofy:
Why do they put up picture signs for libraries? If you can't read a sign that says "LIBRARY", why would you want to go there? :dunno:

RotaryWingBob said:
Why do they put up picture signs for libraries? If you can't read a sign that says "LIBRARY", why would you want to go there? :dunno:
To play solitaire on the computer, of course. :D

-Skip

RotaryWingBob said:
In our library we have patrons that speak three languages. English, Polish, and Spanish. The non-English speakers are many times right off the boat and while we have media for them our signs are not trilingual. We use the universal symbols for them, for the kids that are just starting to learn to read, and for the homeless that iliterate and may need a warming shelter and know to come to the library.

At least we are not putting Braille on the drive thru like the ATM people do :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Brian Austin said:
No challenge. I do it with Kix.

It starts getting challenging after about a foot high while you're sitting on the table. No bonding, center posts or shape altering of any kind allowed.

RotaryWingBob said:
Why do they put up picture signs for libraries? If you can't read a sign that says "LIBRARY", why would you want to go there?

Exactly. IMNSHO it's part of the idget sign crockup routine.

RotaryWingBob said:

It's for those of us that want to look at the pictures...

Or the instructions in Braille on the simulators ... er, flight training devices ... at Middle Tennessee State University.

One of those imponderables, "What happens if you get scared half to death twice?"

lets call the distance from death x

Getting scared half to death once is then x/2

And getting scared half to death again is (x/2)/2 or x/4

again and it is (x/2)/2/2 or x/8

We can then say that the amount of times you are scared half to death are equal to n then we know that the distance from death is x/(2n)

Now if we take the limit of that equation as n approaches infinity we will then determine that we will approach zero or death but never reach there.

I hope this answers that particular imponderable.

I still do not have a proof for this one
If someone asks you, "A penny for your thoughts" and you put your two cents in, what happens to the other penny?

It has been a while since a math problem was presented and I felt my skills were getting rusty :redface:

Ken Ibold said:
Or the instructions in Braille on the simulators ... er, flight training devices ... at Middle Tennessee State University.

I recall an article many years ago discussing how a blind person could fly a plane IFR if the gauges were changed to braille and the needles were toughened up to handle someone fingering them all the time. Not a very confidence inspiring thing though.

It occurs to me that most imponderables are directly connected to civilization. Nature pretty much makes sense and has it's act together.

Attachments

• DoHuhWhat.JPG
    DoHuhWhat.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 10
Dave Krall CFII said:
It's for those of us that want to look at the pictures...
OK, Dave, I'll buy that one. So if you follow the sign you might end up at a place that only has picture books :)

So if you never really reach the point where you're totally scared to death (except at the limit), then all that means is that you'll die of something else other than fright :hairraise:

RotaryWingBob said:
OK, Dave, I'll buy that one. So if you follow the sign you might end up at a place that only has picture books :)
That would be the library at the University of Nebraska.
Father-in-law of a CU grad

gkainz said:
Hmm I would have thought it was the University of Michigan library.

You know what to do when a U of Mich grad is standing at your door??

Pay him him for the pizza so he will know to leave. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica] Q: Did you hear about the fire in University of Michigan's dorm that destroyed 20 books?
A: The real tragedy was that 15 hadn't been colored yet. [/FONT]

Last edited:
gkainz said:

Nope, that's the library at the University of Washington (yup, I'm a WSU Cougar!).

fgcason said:
I recall an article many years ago discussing how a blind person could fly a plane IFR if the gauges were changed to braille and the needles were toughened up to handle someone fingering them all the time. Not a very confidence inspiring thing though.

Hey, if you can be deaf, why not blind?

Come on you guys this is an aviation board! Now. More to the point. What happens to the little chain that holds the oil filler cap, in flight when air is blowing through the cowling at 200mph. Does it get pegged against the filler neck or does it flail around?
See you are not the only one plagued by millions of important, unanswered questions! That was mine last week.
;)

Let'sgoflying! said:
Come on you guys this is an aviation board! Now. More to the point. What happens to the little chain that holds the oil filler cap, in flight when air is blowing through the cowling at 200mph. Does it get pegged against the filler neck or does it flail around?
See you are not the only one plagued by millions of important, unanswered questions! That was mine last week.
;)
I believe the little round beads that make up the chain act as lifting bodies, therefore increasing your rate of climb by 3 ipm (inches per minute) on a standard day.

You may have something there, Greg. Hmmm 3ipm. So if I put say a thousand of those in my cowl, I won't need the wings?

Let'sgoflying! said:
You may have something there, Greg. Hmmm 3ipm. So if I put say a thousand of those in my cowl, I won't need the wings?

3ipm * 1000 = 3000 ipm

3000in | 1 ft |
----------------------- = 250fpm
min | 12 in |

Probably should hold off on the wing removal for now ;)

Of course this does not take into account the extra weight of a 1000 chains. So there will be a hit to that figure.

250fpm! With all that extra lift, I bet I could make it to Class A airspace in the 152. I'd better go call in the flight plan.

Back