Immigrants - How does Mexico treat theirs?

poadeleted1

Deleted by request
Don't criticize me; I am just a conduit. Don't discount the writer because of where it's published. If you know what he says to be untrue and have factual, documentary evidence to the contrary, let's see and and write the guy directly.

But like the Eric Clapton song says: "Before you accuse me, take a look at yourself" (meaning Mexico, OK?)

http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/larryelder/2006/04/06/192651.html

The argument about Mexico having more slaves is not as clear cut as it looks. There's a severe class system in Latin America. The upper class had slaves. The lower classes that are coming here ARE the slaves.

mikea said:
The argument about Mexico having more slaves is not as clear cut as it looks. There's a severe class system in Latin America. The upper class had slaves. The lower classes that are coming here ARE the slaves.

No disagreement there Mike. So in essence, we are the safety valve for Mexico's social ills? That ain't right.

F.W. Birdman said:
No disagreement there Mike. So in essence, we are the safety valve for Mexico's social ills? That ain't right.

It's not right at all.

I will say this, however, many (but not all) of the ones that end up in our area work harder, much harder, than a lot of American citizens do. The group of American citizens of which I speak do not value nor take advantage of the tremendous opportunity presented in this country.

Yeah, there is a big problem with the illegals, no question. I live in South Texas... so I see it every day.

The other part of the equation is the folks that hire 'em seeking cheap labor.

F.W. Birdman said:

I think I would say that we are more of an enabler for their continued failure to deal with their domestic problems and their political system of patronage and explotation. In other words those in power there are happy we have to deal with the problems they are unwilling to address.

I think we are saying the same thing, so YES!

Back