Imagine Star Trek is real....(government jurisdiction)

Obviously you would be on an IFR flight plan as there would be no way to navigate between planets with no horizon. You would need a sizeable collection of approach plates and your ifr clearance may be lengthy.
Celestial navigation will probably come back in vogue.

Fascinating...I'm assuming the OP lives on this planet that has countless governments making their own rules. Anyone who has circumnavigated the globe will invariably talk of all the various restrictions and beauracracy they encountered almost daily. Seems a bit much to think that all (aligned) planets will follow the same airspace rules. Same slogan as on earth---"Flyer Beware"

You're approaching a class M planet and drop from warp to impulse drive. You prepare a transport to enter the planet's atmosphere and find a suitable landing zone to do some scientific exploration.

"Any traffic in the pattern please advise?"

Fascinating...I'm assuming the OP lives on this planet that has countless governments making their own rules. Anyone who has circumnavigated the globe will invariably talk of all the various restrictions and beauracracy they encountered almost daily. Seems a bit much to think that all (aligned) planets will follow the same airspace rules. Same slogan as on earth---"Flyer Beware"
Certainly a valid point. Even with ICAO, individual countries have variations on the rules. There's no reason to think that will change once it becomes the IGAO.

There was a Star trek: The Next Generation episode where Wesley Crusher was charged with violating a law that no one from another planet would have suspected to exist.

Like an idiot I actually spend several minutes looking for this approach in MSP.. (wow).. but in the meantime I did find this, which seems totally real

"prior permission required" .. I'll take 'obvious things for $500 Trebek'

View attachment 77125

The other "obvious thing" was the Missed approach procedure in the MSP one.

Back