image in signature

dsffdssdf

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
fff
I want to add this image:

to my signature, but it won't let me. I see other people with images in their signatures, so why can't I have one?

I want to add this image:

to my signature, but it won't let me. I see other people with images in their signatures, so why can't I have one?

Y'know what you did to put that image there? {IMG}URL{/IMG} only with square brackets? Put that in your signature.

Y'know what you did to put that image there? {IMG}URL{/IMG} only with square brackets? Put that in your signature.
it says at the bottom that image BB and link BB code is not allowed in signatures. The upload thing won't work for me because the image is a dynamically generated php file.

Go into edit signature form USER CP.

Scroll down and you will see a big box labeled SIGNATURE PICTURE

Follow the directions in that box.

it says at the bottom that image BB and link BB code is not allowed in signatures. The upload thing won't work for me because the image is a dynamically generated php file.

Interesting. That might just be a "newbie" limitation (see if it goes away when you have >5 posts), because there's at least two images in my signature that are linked from elsewhere... For example, I had to move my animated map offsite because it's too big for the sig pic (20K).

Interesting. That might just be a "newbie" limitation (see if it goes away when you have >5 posts), because there's at least two images in my signature that are linked from elsewhere... For example, I had to move my animated map offsite because it's too big for the sig pic (20K).
No Kent img tags are not allowed in the signature for everyone regardless of the # of posts. The SIGPIC tag is the way that images are handled in the signature areas. I think we established last week while you were out flying that you can have a sign pic at less than 5 posts too.

No Kent img tags are not allowed in the signature for everyone regardless of the # of posts. The SIGPIC tag is the way that images are handled in the signature areas. I think we established last week while you were out flying that you can have a sign pic at less than 5 posts too.
...so if img tags are not allowed in signatures, how are other people able to link offsite images in their signatures?

Well, I must be special then 'cuz there's TWO in mine. Shhhh... Don't tell!

I believe you need to have at least 10 posts before you can put images in your signature. Part of the "validated user" process we set up a while back.

I believe you need to have at least 10 posts before you can put images in your signature. Part of the "validated user" process we set up a while back.
ah it appears you're right. It might be prudent to have that documented somewhere...

Oh I'm sure I posted on it at some point. That's about all the "documenting" you're gonna get from me on a volunteer project. ;)

Howze about we just go back to FORTRAN IV on punch cards? I know how to do that...

Heck, if you can get the punch cards loaded on your computer, I'll even give you a real IBM FORTRAN IV to run it on, along with a mainframe OS and emulator!

And I think I have a printout of a useful (well, if you are interested in intermodulation product analysis of systems of transmitters, receivers and antennas) program written in FORTRAN IV lying around. Get this working and I MIGHT be sufficiently motivated to type in all 5000+ lines of code. :hairraise: Never did have that program on cards, just a printout and mag tape (9 track). Now, NASA would send us the data for each shuttle flight to run on cards. If I had been a ham back then I would have really understood the significance of the deck I had for STS-9. More details on the program are available in a paper I wrote for the 1983 IEEE International Symposium on EMC in Washington DC. Yeah, I figured you wouldn't care, but I couldn't resist. :rofl:

And I think I have a printout of a useful (well, if you are interested in intermodulation product analysis of systems of transmitters, receivers and antennas) program written in FORTRAN IV lying around. Get this working and I MIGHT be sufficiently motivated to type in all 5000+ lines of code. :hairraise: Never did have that program on cards, just a printout and mag tape (9 track). Now, NASA would send us the data for each shuttle flight to run on cards. If I had been a ham back then I would have really understood the significance of the deck I had for STS-9. More details on the program are available in a paper I wrote for the 1983 IEEE International Symposium on EMC in Washington DC. Yeah, I figured you wouldn't care, but I couldn't resist. :rofl:
Heck, if you've still got the 9-track, I can probably read it. I've got a 9-track drive on a PC. ...and yes, if you've got the deck for STS-9, I'd love to see it.

Heck, if you've still got the 9-track, I can probably read it. I've got a 9-track drive on a PC. ...and yes, if you've got the deck for STS-9, I'd love to see it.

No tape. Now I'm going to have to dig out the printouts. At least I think I know where they are.

Back