iMac keychain problem

Gary F

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Gary F
I recently bought an iMac to replace an aging Sony all in one. In all the excitement I apparently did not write down the keychain password or possibly skipped the setup. I have owned several Apple products (iPhones, iPads, iPods) but this caught me by surprise. I didn't expect that setup would be so unforgiving.

I did some research and thought I successfully set up the keychain function. It now accepts the system password. The problem I have is that the system incessantly asks for the keychain password for Safari and iTunes. It doesn't matter if I cancel or use the new password, a new box pops up every few minutes asking for it again. How do I make it stop? Is there a problem or is the iMac OS the most annoying piece of code ever written?

Apples are perfect, and the fact that you cannot get it work for you is indication of a flaw in your personality.

--

Sorry.

What is "Keychain"?

I recently bought an iMac to replace an aging Sony all in one. In all the excitement I apparently did not write down the keychain password or possibly skipped the setup. I have owned several Apple products (iPhones, iPads, iPods) but this caught me by surprise. I didn't expect that setup would be so unforgiving.

I did some research and thought I successfully set up the keychain function. It now accepts the system password. The problem I have is that the system incessantly asks for the keychain password for Safari and iTunes. It doesn't matter if I cancel or use the new password, a new box pops up every few minutes asking for it again. How do I make it stop? Is there a problem or is the iMac OS the most annoying piece of code ever written?

Mac iOS, in every iteration I have had or used it in, has always been excessively annoying to me.

The other thing I've seen make it cranky is multiple entries for a particular application. It picks one and it's often the wrong one. Using the Keychain Access application on the Mac, you can clean it up.

I had this issue I went to settings and key chain area and was able to fix don't Remeber exactly but it's fixable there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary,

Did you get it reset with the links mentioned? After resolved, check out www.lastpass.com. Best password manager IMO. Cross-browser, cross-platform.

Back