I'm Worried

kimberlyanne546

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Kimberly
The local channel who covers the Olympics (channel 3) breaks each night to do a local news broadcast. They try to get you to watch by giving you a preview during the commercial breaks, hours before.

This one says "problems with safety measures for sky divers" from the NBC Investigative Unit.

My worry is this will somehow bleed into plane / pilot issues. I think it is on later tonight. We shall see.

I'm worried.

First off that accident had NOTHING to do with flying, parachute ops (as can be seen in FAR 105) has very little to do with us as pilots and rightfully so.

Thats older news and yes things have changed, now many of the tandem harnesses have a third belt between the students legs, a anti-submarine belt.

I cant believe people go cry to the FAA/govt and want them to revamp whatever tantalizing accident is getting play on the news, guess what if your customers die, or you have a video like this go out about your DZ its REALLY bad for business, I bet the first person to make changes will be the DZOs, as it's their businesses that this is going to f up if these things happen.

SO yea, changes have already been made and it was a lot more then a waiver the folks sign.

Ya I don't get the worry.... But part 105 ops had little to do with plane/pilot issues.

Maybe a good safety measure is to not jump out of a perfectly good airplane! :D

The sky diver retort is: there is no such thing as a perfectly good airplane.

and now back to the thread...

And having seen some of the planes they jump out of, I can see where they get that opinion. :D

And having seen some of the planes they jump out of, I can see where they get that opinion. :D

Agreed, but - having heard what they do to pilots / planes, I can understand why they don't use the nice airplanes for this mission.

There are some outfits that do have nice airplanes. Problem is most skydive outfits are bottom of the barrel operations that can't afford expensive aircraft.

I've hauled a few jumpers, if the only planes they know ar DZ planes, they are correct. Thing is if it wasn't for jump planes and jump pilots, first timers wouldn't get out...:rofl:

Back