I'm out

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Not a chance in hell this year guys :( No plane, no time. I had a plane booked, but Bode Aero's so awesome, they decided to book it for some convention out from under me.

Have fun.

Well thats more $$$ to put toward a SWA ticket to PHL for oh I dunno say the FLYBQ:rolleyes:

Ni-i-i-ck...

...$230.00 gets you round-trip to DAL... and I just happen to know someone who's flying from Dallas to Gaston's.

And no, since I am going anyway, I would *not* expect a gas contribution. It just would not be right, Gaston's with no Nick.

Nick,

I have previously invited you to fly out commercially to Ohio and fly with me there. The offer is stilll open!

Scott

Nick!!!! You have to come to Gaston's!! It's just not right if you don't...... :(

Hmm..I'm wishy washy. Looks like, I'll be there. Got time off...even a plane :D

I won't be there. No plane, and no one coming from MI with any room.

I won't be there. No plane, and no one coming from MI with any room.

Well, crap, Ed!! That's totally unacceptable!

I'll be diddy-bopping all around the area the 2 weeks leading up to Gaston's, but my extra seat is already reserved for Tony......he's not allowed to miss Gaston's either!

I see Scott's offering you a ride, so now you have NO excuse!

Kaye

Except Scott is a 4 hour DRIVE from me. That's not happening.

So use your dad's plane to fly down to Scott. Sheesh! Do I have to think of everything??? :D

So use your dad's plane to fly down to Scott. Sheesh! Do I have to think of everything??? :D

Yeah, he's not going to go for that. He'll be headed to 6Y9.

Looking at my schedule I am BOOKED solid on June weekends anyway. World Series of Poker, two softball tournaments, and the MS bike ride. This weekend is my only free weekend until 4th of July. But if the Gaston's weekend opens up for some reason I'll let people know.

Man, it'd be pretty hard to turn down a ride in the 400... :)

Man, it'd be pretty hard to turn down a ride in the 400... :)

For a real pilot such as yourself, anyway. I mean c'mon, Ed's not a real pilot - He sold his plane to pay off his house!!! Is he crazy? After all, everyone knows, you can live in an airplane, but you can't fly a house.

:goofy:

Looking at my schedule I am BOOKED solid on June weekends anyway. World Series of Poker, two softball tournaments, and the MS bike ride. This weekend is my only free weekend until 4th of July. But if the Gaston's weekend opens up for some reason I'll let people know.

Um.....Ed, Gaston's been scheduled since last June 12th.

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14602

It seems like you accidently double-booked your calendar, and you need to re-prioritize. Unless, of course, you don't like us anymore..... :rolleyes:

...and 6Y9 is always Labor Day weekend. Have yet to see a lot of people make it there.

...and 6Y9 is always Labor Day weekend. Have yet to see a lot of people make it there.
Sorry Ed, but it's not really a fair comparison. No resort with lodging at 6Y9, it hasn't been going on as long, the runway is more challenging, and it's location is a bit further for most folks on the board, meaning that overnight accommodations are even more important.

Sorry Ed, but it's not really a fair comparison. No resort with lodging at 6Y9, it hasn't been going on as long, the runway is more challenging, and it's location is a bit further for most folks on the board, meaning that overnight accommodations are even more important.

You're right, because Gaston's was revived after it was shut down and slated for auction. :rolleyes:

I see lots of tents from pictures at OSH. 2700 feet this year and if Nick (!!!) can make it from NM, citing distance as an excuse is LAME.

Ed--I've put a considerable amount of effort towards flying to 6Y9. I have been there three times. Last year I drove 8 hours, rented an airplane, and flew the rest of the way. The next day I flew back and drove another 8 hours home.

All that said, I'm really getting sick of the complaining about people not coming. The negativity makes me not want to put the effort towards venturing that far north each year.

Last edited:
I've made Wings every year, I've made Gaston's every year since it's been an event, so I'm sorry if I get a bit miffed when someone says I don't make enough effort to make it to a fly in.

All that said, I'm really getting sick of the complaining about people not coming. The negativity makes me not want to put the effort towards venturing that far north each year.

i agree. and I will see both of you Labor Day!

ya want a little cheese with that?.....:rofl:

I've made Wings every year, I've made Gaston's every year since it's been an event, so I'm sorry if I get a bit miffed when someone says I don't make enough effort to make it to a fly in.

Eh I think Kaye is just dissappointed she wont see you at Gastons is all. but she'll see ya at wings. By the way can we ride the snowmobiles at 6Y9er this year. I'm hoping there will still be some snow then:D. Well at least I got the hay ride.

Back