I'm looking for people who fly out of FRG

orange

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Orange
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this...

I'm a student pilot (close to soloing). I fly out of FRG (Republic in Long Island, NY). I don't know anybody that flies to hang out and talk shop with. I don't really see a lot of guys at my school and they kind of keep to themselves. Basically, after training, I just go home and don't talk about it until the following weekend's training.

Does anybody know of any places where pilots get together around this area or is anybody also looking for somebody to shoot the **** with about aviation. I'm not looking for a bff, just somebody who shares the same interest and would be willing to talk over a beer or something.

A couple weeks ago, I met a guy who is a captain for Delta through a friend. I talked to him about all kinds of aviation-related topics. He's was very cool about it.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this...

I'm a student pilot (close to soloing). I fly out of FRG (Republic in Long Island, NY). I don't know anybody that flies to hang out and talk shop with. I don't really see a lot of guys at my school and they kind of keep to themselves. Basically, after training, I just go home and don't talk about it until the following weekend's training.

Does anybody know of any places where pilots get together around this area or is anybody also looking for somebody to shoot the **** with about aviation. I'm not looking for a bff, just somebody who shares the same interest and would be willing to talk over a beer or something.

A couple weeks ago, I met a guy who is a captain for Delta through a friend. I talked to him about all kinds of aviation-related topics. He's was very cool about it.
Go to FAASAFETY.GOV and click on Activities, courses Seminars & Webinars. You can sign up to be notified when they have a free safety meeting in your area. Sign up for the Wings program while you are at it.

Also, go to socialflight.com and sign up. They will notify you when there is a fly in or other registered activity in your area.

By the way, thanks for your Iphone help and (slightly late) welcome to POA.

In the other thread you mentioned you fly with Ventura. I hear those guy arrange their own fly-ins and do BBQs, might want to ask the management about it. I don't know any of the details, so I can't tell you anything more specific.

I fly out of FRG as we'll. it's not the most social of airports. I'm in a club that has a plane on echo. It's cool, but like I said, the ramp is not too busy. One of the guys in the club flys with the geico sky typers, so every once In a while I chat with them. There are wings seminars at the terminal every once in a while. My club hosts one every year as well as other organizations. You can find a lot of locals there.

Back