Im looking for an audio recording app with instant playback

Curyfury

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Curyfury
Is there an app which i can connect my iphone, via headset, that i can constantly record with and then press a button for an instant 10sec or so playback? Basically, im trying to avoid those, "what did he just say?" moments. I know, i know, listen or just wait for him to repeat it, but there surely
has to be an app for this, whether aviation specific or just a general audio recording app. Im not looking for continuity in the recording, so i understand during playback i might be missing additional transmissions.

I trained in a G1000 that had an audio playback feature of the last few seconds of radio traffic...as well as my Lighspped Zulu's have an audio record app that does just what you are looking for and I used for a bit...honestly "say again for 123" is a heck of a lot easier if it is a call for you and you missed something...or "sorry, was that last call for 123?"

Plus you don't wanna be fumbling with an app for a readback to see what you missed while the controller is waiting for an acknowledgment of the call.

But I agree with Shawn to just ask for a repeat.

"Sorry, Skylane 55WB was busy chatting up the flight attendant in the aft galley. Can you repeat your last?"

I don't know if there is an app but there are several audio panels that that support playback like you said. They are of course far more expensive than an app.

From a practical standpoint, I've spent a bunch of time flying in planes that have that capability built into the panel. I've rarely actually used it simply because ATC typically wants an acknowledgement right away. You're either acknowledging what they say without having actually heard it - a dicey proposition - or you're having a long delay while you playback what they said. Neither is a good solution.

"Say again" is your friend.

Wow, 182s come with a galley and a flight attendant? I'm getting me one of those! ;)

They are VERY common. In my 182 flight attendant is required position with more than two people on board...snack bag goes in the baggage area and the rear seat PAX gets anointed as flight attendant status when the front seats get hungry!

Back