I'm in the wrong business

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
who'da thunk that driving a fast car could get you one of these....

The Citation is Jamie McMurray's, some nascar dude I never heard of lol.

Attachments

• IMG-20140315-00125.jpg
    IMG-20140315-00125.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG-20140315-00126.jpg
    IMG-20140315-00126.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG-20140315-00127.jpg
    IMG-20140315-00127.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 109
Yeah I met Bill Elliot once at the local airport. He's been flying for years. Flys his CJ single pilot to the races. Few other NASCAR guys fly as well.

It certainly helps when this is the fast car that you drive:
cessna2.jpg

(Note the sponsor on the hood)

Last edited:
A fairly large contingent of NASCAR drivers are pilots. It's very interesting around Concord (KJQF) on a race weekend.

When they come to the Kansas Speedway our local FBO gets loaded with team and driver jets. I was talking with a couple guys at the FBO last year - some of the technical crew (mechanics and others) will fly in a couple days in advance, do their thing each day, then fly home in the evenings, repeat as necessary. There is big money in NASCAR.

So why do you think standard patterns are left turns only? So NASCAR drivers can learn how to fly!

I hear tell that the airports at NASCAR venues with right patterns are converted to left the week of the race.

:goofy:

There are a lot of pilots in NASCAR (drivers and others). ATC calls them the Nascar Air Force... It's amazing when they are arriving at an airport...:yikes:

There are a lot of pilots in NASCAR (drivers and others). ATC calls them the Nascar Air Force... It's amazing when they are arriving at an airport...:yikes:
What do you suppose are the chances that two or more NASCAR driver/pilots converging on the same airport wouldn't be trying to beat the competition to the ground?

What do you suppose are the chances that two or more NASCAR driver/pilots converging on the same airport wouldn't be trying to beat the competition to the ground?

Sadly that may have lead to the crash killed Alan Kulwicki, they were right behind Dale Earnhardt's plane, speculation at the time was, they were racing to get to the airport. Or at least be the first one cleared for the approach, which would be the winner I guess.:rolleyes: Anyway, the didn't turn on the continuos ignition and flamed out both engines on final, not a good ending. :(
But, most if not all NASCAR teams travel by air, and a lot of the drivers are pilots, I know Mark Martin had a CJ that he flew, Bill Elliot flies a Conquest I right now and I think they have a Citation as well. There is BIG money in racing now, really big. :D

Awesome Bill. Private, 5500' asphalt strip. My, my.

I flew over it last spring, it's out in the woods, but it looked like it had several elevation changes from end to end. Don't get me wrong, I'd still like to have it in my back yard.:D

Mark Martin is a pilot also. I remember seeing him after his first retirement was watching the Daytona 500 and got all sad. Went outside to his hangar and took his jet off on his private airstrip. Wish I had that kind of antidepressant. Turned left my whole life, it's not that easy. should have got into cars instead of bikes.

I saw Brad Keselowski's grocery getter in the FBO hangar last year. Pretty sweet.

I've flown right by that and never gave it a second thought. I might have to take a look one of these days. Lumpkin country is sure fun to get in and out of.
Awesome Bill. Private, 5500' asphalt strip. My, my.
Awesome Bill from Dawsonville. It's painted all over the Applebee's that I'll eat at on occasion.
Sadly that may have lead to the crash killed Alan Kulwicki, they were right behind Dale Earnhardt's plane, speculation at the time was, they were racing to get to the airport. Or at least be the first one cleared for the approach, which would be the winner I guess.:rolleyes: Anyway, the didn't turn on the continuos ignition and flamed out both engines on final, not a good ending. :(
But, most if not all NASCAR teams travel by air, and a lot of the drivers are pilots, I know Mark Martin had a CJ that he flew, Bill Elliot flies a Conquest I right now and I think they have a Citation as well. There is BIG money in racing now, really big. :D
I knew his niece (I think).. however she was related to him. I never really looked into it but I'll be sure to take a look now.

Back