I'm getting closed out because I'm an "Old Timer"

You know what really grinds my gears? This FBO, IIRC, is the one in the backyard of our AOPA headquarters.

Cheers,

-Andrew

I just completed a two day very intensive Glass Class on the Garmin 1000 system last weekend.

A comment made was that very likely within 5 years or so, rather than having a glass class to transition from steam to glass, we will have a steam class to go backwards

look at the video game explosion where kids see nothing BUT glass

For comparison, our FBO rents wet by TACH time, so keep that factor in mind. The base 182S is $133/hr, and the G1000 version was $20/hour more (until it was taken off the line. Apparently not enough rented it). For the 172SP, it's $128/hr, and only $5/hr more for the G1000 model. Note that we have five of the former and only one of the latter. The DA-40 with G1000 is $138/hr, so only $5/hr more than the 172 with G1000.

infotango said:
. . .

I wish my FBO had a bunch of old Aeronca's or Taylorcrafts for rent at 60/hr. Sigh.
Ah, that is one thing in favor of the local flight school of which I am speaking--they do have a nice old Ercoupe.

spiderweb said:
Ah, that is one thing in favor of the local flight school of which I am speaking--they do have a nice old Ercoupe.
I suppose I should mention that we also have an Aeronca Champ at $75/hr, as well as a few others, including a 310 and an Robinson R22. Unfortunately, no single-engine complex. :^( It just hasn't been cost effective for anyone to keep one on the line for long.

Angry again. It seems lots of other renters had the same thoughts as I, so the TB-20 is very full for awhile, and I can't get their schedule to work with mine. My choice is either to wait a few weeks, or just rent a C172 for practice. Not having flown in a couple of weeks, which do you think I'm going to take? The bothersome part about it is that we are planning a trip and need that TB-20. That means I will have to schedule an extra two hours in the bird before we go (because I am out of flight school's currency, and even if I weren't, I don't feel comfortable since I haven't flown that bird in severla months).

Sorry to hear that 75H has left the line as well as one of the seminoles. Might be a reflection of a dwindling pool of renter pilots (as opposed to students).

Ben, just take the ercoupe cross country! You will build more time and it is a lot of fun to fly! My old club had an ercoupe and i was kinda dissapointed i never found an excuse to take it cross country. but it sure was cheap!

Back