I'm finally flying again

JRitt

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
JRitt
After 7 months of the plane being down for the longest O-320 overhaul in history I got to fly today. My case failed to meet specs and I was sent the wrong case not once but twice. I was sent the wrong size bearings by the company that overhauled the crank. After it was togather the Cam failed after 25hrs of flight (I went to Fun-N Sun and back). I got a replacement kit and just when I started to get it installed I got a call from the MFG to send the kit back because they were recalling it. I now am going to have a fight to have the MFG pay for the cost of replacing the cam (labor) A new oil pump (damaged from metal going through it) and new bearings. Luckly the crank and cyls were not damaged because the filter caught most (if not all) of the metal.

BUT I AM FLYING AGAIN :yes: :yes:

JRitt said:
After 7 months of the plane being down for the longest O-320 overhaul in history I got to fly today. My case failed to meet specs and I was sent the wrong case not once but twice. I was sent the wrong size bearings by the company that overhauled the crank. After it was togather the Cam failed after 25hrs of flight (I went to Fun-N Sun and back). I got a replacement kit and just when I started to get it installed I got a call from the MFG to send the kit back because they were recalling it. I now am going to have a fight to have the MFG pay for the cost of replacing the cam (labor) A new oil pump (damaged from metal going through it) and new bearings. Luckly the crank and cyls were not damaged because the filter caught most (if not all) of the metal.

Why do we put up with this sh*t??? 7 months and extremely poor customer service and incompetence! Ridiculous, I feel for you.

Wow - that's a brutal story. Let's hope you can KEEP flying. Good luck.

I loaded the plane to gross today to see how the power output felt with the powerflow exhaust. 800ft/min, DA2000, thats about 150ft more than the POH says. I fly to Tampa from Clarksville tn for its first real flight.

I felt like I was reading something I had written. Brother, I feel for you. Welcome bact to the air.

Back