I'm done? Wow.

wbarnhill

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iEXTERMINATE
Well, as of today, I've finished all of the coursework necessary for my BS degree. Feels kinda weird. I've got formalities for the next 4 days, then a week and a half off before graduation. Now to start looking at grad schools :D

Well, as of today, I've finished all of the coursework necessary for my BS degree. Feels kinda weird. I've got formalities for the next 4 days, then a week and a half off before graduation. Now to start looking at grad schools :D

Well, congratulations, William.

Here's the question: Do you feel any smarter?

Congrats.

I know how you feel. After 4 years of head-down homework and final exams, one day I looked up and I was in a cap & gown thinking "Oh yeah. This is what I get for all that."

-Rich

Good going William. I remember my graduation. I said to myself ;Now What?

Congrats. So grad school? Or are going to try working for a little bit?

I had a job waiting at grad so I got three days off and started working.

Congratulations. :goofy:

BS plus $1.50 gets you a cup of coffee. BS just makes getting the $1.50 easier.

I remember the feeling from 33 years ago, but I didn't have any formalities after that -- an hour after my last exam, I was in my car headed for NAS Pensacola.

Congrats. So grad school? Or are going to try working for a little bit?

I had a job waiting at grad so I got three days off and started working.

I'm planning on working for a bit, but my overall goal is to teach at a college level. I've got a voucher to take the GRE for free, I've just been a slacker and not used it yet. :D

Still looking for that starting job (seems like everyone wants someone with 5 years experience and who knows what else....) but I haven't given up yet. Gotta pay to go to Gaston's somehow :)

two more years for me...

I took a look at my course worksheet this past spring and realized that I could either take a course in the summer and graduate this fall or stay another semester to take that single course.

I opted to graduate early. Gotta get money for flying. :yes:

Hang in there! :D

Congrats William!

Congratulations William! :yes:

Congratulations. :goofy:

BS plus $1.50 gets you a cup of coffee. BS just makes getting the $1.50 easier.

Good going William. I remember my graduation. I said to myself ;Now What?

Congrats.

I know how you feel. After 4 years of head-down homework and final exams, one day I looked up and I was in a cap & gown thinking "Oh yeah. This is what I get for all that."

-Rich

Way to go, William!

I don't even want to think about how many years ago that was for me!

Congrats indeed and relax for a bit!

I remember the feeling from 33 years ago, but I didn't have any formalities after that -- an hour after my last exam, I was in my car headed for NAS Pensacola.

First, thanks everyone :D

Second, Ron, yeah, I have no clue what's going to happen after graduation at this point :/ Hoping that I can get something lined up soon. Waiting to hear back from a couple of places.

Congrats! I remember finishing my BS and for a month after would wake up in a panic that I was forgetting some homework project or missing a class. Treated that condition by starting grad school... repeated the cycle after the MS but it didn't last as long. Wife put her foot down on pursuing the doctorate (but I secretly agree with her)

William, big kudos to you for your accomplishment. You'll do fine in life, you have a head, you know how to use it, and you know how to disagree without being a dick.

And you graduated efficiently, not in 11 years like some of us!

We'll shake hands at Gaston's.

Good for you! Congrats.

Congratulations. Obviously it's only a breather before the next degree for you, but enjoy the feeling.

I remember walking out of my last final exam in college. It was a beautiful spring day and I wandered around campus visiting all the locations I had always wanted to see but never had the time. The only day I've walked slower and enjoyed more was the day after I quit my first job to go to grad school. Stop and smell some roses. Take deep breaths. It's the first break you've had since you were 5 years old. Savor it.

Then GET BACK TO WORK!!!!!!:D

William, big kudos to you for your accomplishment. You'll do fine in life, you have a head, you know how to use it, and you know how to disagree without being a dick.

And you graduated efficiently, not in 11 years like some of us!

We'll shake hands at Gaston's.

Oh but I'm not done completely... It may take 11 years yet ;)

Computer Information Systems (Software Development emphasis) and a Mathematics minor.

Y'know, the fun stuff ;)

Same for masters? Find a good company that will pay for school and both earn money and get free school!!!

Congratulations!
You're at level 1: Bull Sh.t
next up: More Sh.t
Then... Piled Higher & Deeper!

BTW, I love it when an employer DEMANDS that a new employee has 5 years experience... in a technology that only came out 2 years ago!:hairraise:

The suggestion about working somewhere that they have education benefits is a good one, but note that you'll take a while to get that degree, because a good masters program will take time.

Congrats William.

Oh but I'm not done completely... It may take 11 years yet ;)

I'm still not done yet after 26 years. I took 19 years off between my BS and starting my masters. Finishing my last class for the masters this month.

Intel would.

Whoops... My brother screwed up then. He turned down a job offer from Intel to go to grad school.

Of course, I think the real reason to go to grad school was that his girlfriend was only a sophomore, this way they may graduate together - Him with MS, her with BS.

Congrats William!

And Spike, how'd ya do it in only 11 years? :D

And Spike, how'd ya do it in only 11 years? :D

Dedication, Kent, dedication.

That, about six changes or major, and four different colleges (for undergrad).

Amazing how much more diligent I was about attending class, when I was footing the bill.

Back