I'm back!

Rneuwirth

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Rneuwirth
Long time since my last post! Lots of unfortunate family issues got in the way.

I finished my PP-ASEL about a year ago, and I've started and stopped my IR training a few times since then. I'm definitely going to get it finished within the next few months.

Today I bought into a flight club. A 1/9th portion of a beautiful 1976 Piper Pathfinder 235 with a newer 430 WAAS GPS and an adequate autopilot (the Piper variety of a Century IIb). Although there are 9 members, four haven't flown at all in the past two years, two use the plane only when their CAP ride isn't available and the rest fly occasionally at best. I'm hoping to be able to put 200-250 hrs per year on this baby, finish my IR and get my commercial ticket as well.

Although I haven't been posting, I have been following POA frequently, and I want to thank all you regulars for the information that you impart. In spite of the sometimes contentious feeling of some posts I believe that what I've learned here allowed me to stay away from spending too much for too little, from getting into solo ownership without understanding all the possible costs.

Thanks again. Happy flying to all.

Sounds like a sweet club. The Cherokee 235 is a real hoss.

Keep us posted!

WOW, nice ride for sure. Sounds like your in a sweet deal with only 9 people to one airplane.

Welcome back

Back