I'm an airline pilot

Foster Brooks was an absolute hoot. I remember watching him while growning up and just busting a gut.

I busted up when I saw it years ago, but it does strike some nerves for some folks! Hopefully, no one will take a serious tack and let it bother them.

It's really interesting how humor changes over the years. Some things that were really funny years ago have become patently offensive (so I have to make sure I don't laugh in public <g>)

Best,

Dave

I loved Foster Brooks then and I love him now, that is still funny. Dean Martin too, I see those ads for the DVDs of his roasts and I think that I would really like to have them. Classic comedy.

It's really interesting how humor changes over the years. Some things that were really funny years ago have become patently offensive (so I have to make sure I don't laugh in public <g>)

Best,

Dave

Did you see the video of the Don Rickles roast where Adolf Hitler (Larry Storch I think) comes to roast Don? Hilarious, funny in a real Hogan's Heroes Nazi kind of way.

Did you see the video of the Don Rickles roast where Adolf Hitler (Larry Storch I think) comes to roast Don? Hilarious, funny in a real Hogan's Heroes Nazi kind of way.

I'll bet that was hilarious.

Didn't see that Scott, but would really like to. Rickles had a scorching, penetrating, humor that could turn from humor to a personal attach pretty quickly. I did really like him at times. I could get too much of him. But this one sounds great!

I'll keep a look out for it.

Best,

Dave

Haaa! Hitler saying Rickles is the only one that has bombed more places than him really got me!

Thanks for the link.

Dave

Thanks Scott, that was great. I used to love those Dean Martin roasts.

Great scene in "The Cannonball Run" with Foster Brooks as the drunken doctor. Burt Reynolds sez..."what kind of doctor are you anyway". Brooks replies (as he puts his hand up in front of Burt's face)..."Proctologist" :rofl:

Great scene in "The Cannonball Run" with Foster Brooks as the drunken doctor. Burt Reynolds sez..."what kind of doctor are you anyway". Brooks replies (as he puts his hand up in front of Burt's face)..."Proctologist" :rofl:

Close but no cigar.

That was a funny scene but it wasn't Foster Brooks. The guy with the funny eye who put his hand in Burt's face and said that was Jack Elam http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001181/

he was in over 200 movies and was a great character actor.

Absolutely hilarious! Dean Martin couldn't keep a straight face to save his life, though! (Of course, I was laughing aloud too!) :)

Absolutely hilarious! Dean Martin couldn't keep a straight face to save his life, though! (Of course, I was laughing aloud too!) :)

Didn't need the laugh track or live audience. Deano was losing it right along with the rest of us. I truely miss some of that old TV entertainment. And it was entertaining. Nothing on TV today makes me laugh like that. PC, me? No way.

Man show pilots; must have missed that! Sounds pretty interesting:p

Best,

Dave

Kimmel and Corolla were in full airliner driver's uniform in a big public airport talking real drunk with and next to real PAX that were for the most part, horrified. The video's probably somewhere in GOOGLE.

Last edited:
thats classic ken

who puts the landing gear up, engages the autopilot, turns on the reverse thrusters? thats right, the secretary!

:rofl:

"I was on a flight from New York to LA a couple of weeks ago and the plane lost an engine."
"Oh, don't worry, it'll turn up."

ROFLPIMP!

Back