I'm a Lear Jet Captain!!

Captain

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
First Officer
Well, I finally met this guy. He flies N745TC. I was landing at another Bahamian airport but since they are all on 122.8 I caught this nugget:

"Marsh Harbor traffic Lear 745TC is 45 to the North West. Any traffic please advise, check transponders on."

Have fun with this!

Yeah I met him too once at KAPC. Except he was a Sikorsky Captain. He needed a headset on a ferry trip to South America.

"What kind of helicopter headsets we got?"

"We have these two here in a helicopter version."

"Which one is better?"

"This David Clark is reported to be the better of the two."

"I"ll take my review from a pilot, thank you."

She was actually pretty good about telling him not to stick the tailboom of his helicopter up his ass.

It would serve an idiot like that to have EVERYONE within radio range to start responding and add "any traffic in the area please advise" to every transmission.

I'm pretty sure we all know that guy!! Sometimes he's a Learjet captain, other days he's flying a Cirrus, a King Air, a Bonanza or a clapped out 421, but he's the same guy! :D

How about the call FORTY FIVE miles out!?!

How about the condescending reminder / command to make sure your transponder is on?!?

In my life flying I don't think I've ever heard a more rude transmission from anyone. And he thinks he's being extra safe!!!

Do you know who I am?
There was a local car dealer that loved to ride around in his own limo:rolleyes: He normally had one of his employees drive, but one night he was driving it himself, drunk of course, and was stopped by the police. He kept saying to the arresting officer, "Don't you know who I am?" :rofl: The officer said, "It doesn't matter who you are, because what you are is drunk!" :rofl:

That guy must be a real joy to share the extremely cramped Learjet cockpit with.

Such asshattery is not limited to jet drivers. One of my recent experiences:

After calling final runway 15 at FNL (after calling mid field downwind, Base, etc):
"Cirrus 23A is taking the runway now departure to the east, aircraft on final go around"

I did go around but I let him have it on the radio afterwards to no response.

Last edited:
I was on a practice ILS approach one day and a King Air pilot called the tower and asked if they would move me over so they could land first. Before the tower could answer a G5 pilot behind him said " just slow down, remember you were there one time too". I was ****ed at the King Air guy for wanting me out of his way because he was important, but after the G5 guy chimed in my day was much better.

That is how pilots get their a$$3s beat. :nono: But, you are right, asshattery is not a one size fits all. :D

After calling final runway 15 at FNL (after calling mid field downwind, Base, etc):
"Cirrus 23A is taking the runway now departure to the east, aircraft on final go around"

Heh. "Engine failure, get your ass off the runway, quick...!" As you went around. ;)

Heh. "Engine failure, get your ass off the runway, quick...!" As you went around. ;)

You are too nice.... I would have filled his windscreen with all three of my wheels.. From about 5 feet up...

And what would you have???:dunno:

Two , long DARK, black skid marks on the runway and a Cirrus with 2 flat tires...:yes:..:D..........

"Roger. But just in case the audio going into my GoPro didn't catch that, can you repeat? The local FSDO loves my YouTube channel."

I was on a practice ILS approach one day and a King Air pilot called the tower and asked if they would move me over so they could land first. Before the tower could answer a G5 pilot behind him said " just slow down, remember you were there one time too". I was ****ed at the King Air guy for wanting me out of his way because he was important, but after the G5 guy chimed in my day was much better.

I'd have been ****ed at both of them. There's nothing wrong with wanting to fly for fun instead of driving a bus for a living. To insinuate that you were only flying GA because you hadn't matured enough to fly big tin is preposterous.

I'd have been ****ed at both of them. There's nothing wrong with wanting to fly for fun instead of driving a bus for a living. To insinuate that you were only flying GA because you hadn't matured enough to fly big tin is preposterous.

Concur!

I would've followed him to his destination and kicked his a$$ all up and down his ramp.

N1234 Declaring Emergency, taking RWY 15, short final. Cirrus, is advised to taxi into the grass.

It would have been really, really difficult for me to have bit my tongue...I probably would keep an eye out for the plane and pilot. :mad:

I had a CAP plane do that to me once, except he told me he was doing his runup. (On the runway) and he advised me to extend my downwind. **********.

I've got a really good idea to save the gov a little bit of money :lightbulb:

A lady called downwind in a Cessna. A King Air announced a two mile base and told the Cessna to extend downwind because they had a schedule to keep. She replied that she was starting her turn to base. The King Air responded "honey, we're doing business here, not practicing."

Reply from an uninvolved third plane: "You were there once, too. Shut up and let her land."

A lady called downwind in a Cessna. A King Air announced a two mile base and told the Cessna to extend downwind because they had a schedule to keep. She replied that she was starting her turn to base. The King Air responded "honey, we're doing business here, not practicing."

Reply from an uninvolved third plane: "You were there once, too. Shut up and let her land."

Mabye that guy?

The King Air responded "honey, we're doing business here, not practicing."

Oh my. It's a good thing I wasn't there... And no one has said anything like that to me. Ooo, I'd have chewed him ... He wouldn't be too big for his britches anymore as he'd be missing some *$$.

Grrrrr

Oh my. It's a good thing I wasn't there... And no one has said anything like that to me. Ooo, I'd have chewed him ... He wouldn't be too big for his britches anymore as he'd be missing some *$$.

Grrrrr

"Tower, let the King Air go ahead. He's lacking confidence in his ability to merge in to the pattern and I'm concerned for his safety."

Good one! Also, I think I might make it a full stop taxi back... Don't king airs need practice going around?

Grrrrr

I've had this happen (without the condescension). It's frustrating to finally get into #1 to land, have your wheels 6" above the runway, and have the tower send you around for a Citation behind you.

If anyone tried to pull that on me, you better believe I'd say something along the lines of:

"I believe in all your fancy flying, you may have forgotten that some of us do this for a living, and some of us do this because we want to. Just because you're jaded and have a ****ty job that a 14 year old could easily do with just as much skill and probably better accuracy doesn't mean you need to do little dick syndrome on me. I'm turning final, I recommend you find a way to merge into the pattern like a good little boy, otherwise this is going to a long night of paperwork for someone."

And, by the way, that's not internet tough guy speech, that's how I roll. I don't put up with any guff from people that think they're better than me. They're usually not.

I once heard a Lear or Citation (can't remember) chastising a 172 for making him go-around due to a bad radio call. This guy wouldn't let up and started throwing out comments such as "stupid weekend warriors". I finally chimed in and said "If you can't handle landing at an uncontrolled field, there are plenty of towered airports nearby" He responded by asking me to land and switch fuel bills...I promptly responded sure and asked him why his assumption was that his airplane burned more fuel...no response.

We refer to the rides of such pilots as "Barbie's Dream Jet."

I had a discussion about those type of Captains with my Tail wheel CFI. He happens to be a senior captain for a major airline. He said one day leaving LAX for Hawaii they were turned early for a small plane off of the coast. He did it and his first officer said "F'ing FLAPS". My CFI was not happy with this. He spent the rest of the flight grilling the first officer how he got to fly the Heavies without general aviation. That first officer has never bided a flight with him since.

"OK you can land first, but you better be gone by the time I pull in behind you because if not I'm going to find a way to keep you there."

Just curious. How many here would say that the King Air pilot had a hazardous attitude vs just an uncourteous attitude?

I am guessing uncourteous, unless refusal to fly a 45-degree downwind entry into the pattern is considered hazardous.

If anyone tried to pull that on me, you better believe I'd say something along the lines of:

"I believe in all your fancy flying, you may have forgotten that some of us do this for a living, and some of us do this because we want to. Just because you're jaded and have a ****ty job that a 14 year old could easily do with just as much skill and probably better accuracy doesn't mean you need to do little dick syndrome on me. I'm turning final, I recommend you find a way to merge into the pattern like a good little boy, otherwise this is going to a long night of paperwork for someone."

And, by the way, that's not internet tough guy speech, that's how I roll. I don't put up with any guff from people that think they're better than me. They're usually not.

Amen to that! I am right there with you!

I am guessing some of them are banking on they are bigger and would intimidate the small guys enough to get what they want.

Just curious. How many here would say that the King Air pilot had a hazardous attitude vs just an uncourteous attitude?

I am guessing uncourteous, unless refusal to fly a 45-degree downwind entry into the pattern is considered hazardous.

Discourteous. If everyone is heads-up, there is room for different pattern entries.

Back