Illuminated Rocker Switches For Certified Aircraft

Neil Moulin

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Neil Moulin
I'm looking to source some backlit rocker switches for a panel similar to the Aveo Rockrack switch (which I don't think can be installed in a certified aircraft). This is a panel upgrade for a 1973 C182P.

I'm looking to source some backlit rocker switches for a panel similar to the Aveo Rockrack switch (which I don't think can be installed in a certified aircraft). This is a panel upgrade for a 1973 C182P.
In general, most electrical parts fall under the definition of Standard Parts. So long as the part is manufactured per an established industry or government or international specification, it can be used on a TC’d aircraft. And given the wide variety of standards out there like NAS, AN, MS, Mil. Std., SAE, ANSI, etc., there are many options available for use. The only additional approval you may need would depend on if your panel upgrade reaches the level of a Part 43 major alteration.

from my experience with these
-make sure sure they are dimmable
-avoid LEDs; I changed out all mine to incandescent because the LEDs were blindingly white in color (unless you can now find them in 3K or less)

Back