Illegal 121 Flight - No passenger briefing

While I wouldn't bother the FAA about the no-brief, I certainly would be stopping by the carriers gate agent and letting them know about the shyte service, and the fact that the FA broke regs by not doing a pax brief. Maybe mention the FA by name. If they get a few complaints, they'll be gone. Maybe it would be her last complaint that would put her out of a job, and back in the toilet cleaning biz.

As Henning poits out, airplane seat belts work exactly like the original car seat belts worked. I'm sure there must have been some government mandate to change how car belts work.... But never made it into the airplane world.

If you mean two-point, non retractable, yes. However, every early seat belt (and subsequent ones) I am aware from the 39 NASH on had a button release rather than the lift-flap like airline seats typically though these did appear in many cars in the 50's.

Three point restraints were actually available in some of the European cars even before two points were standard equipment in the US (compulsory installation of front seat belts didn't occur until 1961, rear seats not until 1968). This and the automatic tensioner were added as people were still dying from flailing into the steering wheel and smacking their foreheads on the windshield.

Did you forget how to buckle your seat belt or look for exits? I would have given her a tip. ;)

"This is a seat belt. If you can't figure it out, you probably shouldn't be out in public unsupervised." :)

I heard of a flight that caught fire, landed and evacuated. Many didnt make it out and died. They found several still sitting in their seats with seat belts on and broken thumbs.

When, where, what kind of airplane? I can't find anything to substantiate this.

If you mean two-point, non retractable, yes. However, every early seat belt (and subsequent ones) I am aware from the 39 NASH on had a button release rather than the lift-flap like airline seats typically though these did appear in many cars in the 50's.

The mid-'60's vintage Dodge cars came with lift-flap seat belts IIRC. If I'm not mistaken, the similar-vintage Chevy products also had lift-flap.

My parents had a '64 Chevy wagon & '68 and '69 Dodge products.

I heard of a flight that caught fire, landed and evacuated. Many didnt make it out and died. They found several still sitting in their seats with seat belts on and broken thumbs.
Darwin at work.

Back