I'll be in Jonesboro for the next week (KJBR)

Timbeck2

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Timbeck2
July 17 - 24 2019

So if anyone wants a safety pilot or is so proud of their plane that they would love to take me up, let me know.

:)

July 17 - 24 2019

So if anyone wants a safety pilot or is so proud of their plane that they would love to take me up, let me know.

:)

Make sure to hit Demos BBQ at least once.......

Hmmm...if the forecast wasn't for "the temperatures of hell +10*f" I'd love to come over this weekend one day. But it's a safe bet that you'll find me hiding in the AC somewhere.

Loved it. Got the tee shirt. Thanks for the tip. I’ll be heading back to Arizona Wednesday

Loved it. Got the tee shirt. Thanks for the tip. I’ll be heading back to Arizona Wednesday

I will go out of my way to hit that place up..... my fav is Whole Hog in Little Rock though.... it’s the best one. I won’t go to North Little Rock’s Whole Hog. Don’t like it there some some reason.

I'm back in Tucson now and a couple observations about KJBR. One, all three of the folks who worked the FBO were kids in their early 20s which I thought was really cool since most FBO people are a lot older. Second, they were really informed about the FBO and even told me that if I were to fly back in the fall or early winter, I wouldn't have a problem getting hangar space because they are building a new hangar/s.

Side note: When you walk into the FBO from the parking lot, you walk through sort of a tunnel which has pictures of the local major employers/factories of the region. One of them was an aerial picture of Jimco lamp manufacturing. A closer look revealed that the house we used to live in when I was 8 (long since burned and replaced with a trailer) was clearly visible in that picture.

That is where we got some plugs when I was in Hickory Ridge AR a couple weeks back getting 172C ready to ferry. They gave us the wrong ones and were kind enough to clean and test our old ones.

IMG_20190702_074752135.jpg

My very first flight (in a Stearman crop duster) was from that airport in Hickory Ridge. :) I used to live there as a wee lad before we moved to Kansas City.

Go to Walnut Ridge and have lunch on a 737......

Maybe next time when I'll fly there. Walnut Ridge had good fuel prices as well as Paragould.

Back