I'll be in Denver on August 2nd Through 4th...

The funny thing is, they just won the food cleanliness award for their entire county... which probably says something about restaurants in their county more than anything... they also did a major remodel.
Agree it says more about other restaurants. Read up on code then look in a few kitchens around here...

I'm good with a place that has a real good drinks and beer offering with better than average bar food. But would also suggest some place where ambient noise level permits conversation without yelling at each other.

I'm good with a place that has a real good drinks and beer offering with better than average bar food. But would also suggest some place where ambient noise level permits conversation without yelling at each other.
I'm sure there's an Olive Garden nearby...

If that's your liking, Maggie's is probably good.

I won't be able to make it since I'll be in Disneyland, but Uber works great in Denver. I use it all the time.

For DTC restaurants, I recommend Del Friscos on Orchard.

THe one that ends in "y" and was portrayed by Lisa Loring and Chrstina Ricci

THe one that ends in "y" and was portrayed by Lisa Loring and Chrstina Ricci

Bumping as reminder

Being that I'm severely disinterested in Hollywood, I still don't know what day this is, nor whether I can make it or not. :)

I don't know who Loring even is, and I couldn't name a movie Ricci is in but know who she is.

Being that I'm severely disinterested in Hollywood, I still don't know what day this is, nor whether I can make it or not. :)

I don't know who Loring even is, and I couldn't name a movie Ricci is in but know who she is.
Usually my respect for your pop culture knowledge is fairly high... now.... not sure [poke poke throw digital sheep]

August 2, 2017 = Wednesday

Lisa Loring played Wednesday in the TV series "The Addams Family" and Christina Ricci was the actress who played Wednesday in the movies "The Addams Family" and "Addams Family Values"

Won't be able to make it during the week. Catch y'all next time!

How could you ever ignore one of the greatest cartoonists of all times, Charles Addams, routinely published in the New Yorker magazine. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Addams_Family

Gomez and Morticia, happily married with 2 children, Pugsley & Wednesday. TV series and numerous movies (some not so great). One of the best performance of Angelica Houston. Wonderful dialog from the 2 Astin/Houston films include:

Morticia: [to Gomez] I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade.

Delivery Room Doctor: [to Morticia] Push, Mrs. Addams.
[to the Nurse]
Delivery Room Doctor: Forceps?
Forceps Nurse: Forceps.
[giving the Doctor forceps]
Forceps Nurse: Forceps.
Delivery Room Doctor: Would you like anesthesia?
Morticia: No, thank you. But do ask the children.

Girl Scout: Is this made from real lemons?
Wednesday: Yes.
Girl Scout: I only like all-natural foods and beverages, organically grown, with no preservatives. Are you sure they're real lemons?
Pugsley: Yes.
Girl Scout: Well, I'll tell you what. I'll buy a cup if you buy a box of my delicious Girl Scout cookies. Do we have a deal?
Wednesday: Are they made from real Girl Scouts?

Morticia: Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.

Gomez: [as he helps Morticia out of a trap] Leather straps, red-hot pokers!
Morticia: Later, my dearest.

Wednesday: I don't want to be in the pageant.
Gary: Don't you want to help me realize my vision?
Wednesday: Your work is puerile and under-dramatized. You lack any sense of structure, character and the Aristotelian unities.
Gary: Young lady, I am getting just a tad tired of your attitude problem.

I'm confused. So, this is Wednesday, August 2?
I'm like Mtns2Skies - can't make it during the week this week. Sorry, Mike!

When is Wednesday? Is it this week?

Why do I feel I'm in the middle of Abbott & Costello routine?

Really! And I keep reading.....

People! Set a date and be done with it. Like this: Wed Aug 2, this year, 6:30 at _______, day after trash pick up day.

Really! And I keep reading.....

People! Set a date and be done with it. Like this: Wed Aug 2, this year, 6:30 at _______, day after trash pick up day.
Sorry but you're not invited.

Back