iLevil Warning

MickYoumans

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
MickYoumans
I finally received my iLevil SW yesterday. I charged the battery before use per the instructions. I then turned it on and saw the iLevil network in my WiFi list and selected it. I then went to WingX and played with it. Everything seemed to be working great. I exited WingX then opened the Levil AHRS Utility app. It did not want to connect to the iLevil. Somehow in the process it scrambled some of the iLevil network settings and it would no longer show in my WiFi list. I called Levil Support this morning and tech support said I was the second person that had his happen. Even though the AHRS utility says it is compatible with all Levil AHRS devices, it is not. They are overnighting me another iLevil.

Warning...Do NOT try to use the Levil AHRS utility app with your iLevil unless you want to turn your iLevil into a brick! They are not compatible yet. In the future they are looking to update the app to work with the iLevil.

Yeah Mick.
I think that other yahoo would be me.
Like a script, I did those exact steps with the additional doofus action of clicking on the "factory defaults" button...I didn't see it connect to what I would think is the most basic app of all...well, like I said "doofus".
Oh we'll. got the unit back and stuck with the trial version of WingX and did taxi testing (in the car). I'm now trying to figure out if the chart is not set right since it doesn't put me at the airport exactly...hmmm.

I don't think you are a yahoo or doofus. The Levil AHRS Utility app clearly said on the main page that is was compatible with all Levil AHRS devices, which was not the case. There was no warning on their website or in the instructions about the utility not being compatible. The girl I talked to at Levil was very nice and apologetic about the situation. I'll just be glad when my replacement arrives. It was suppose to come today but didn't. I was very disappointed that it did not come because I was wanting to have it for my flights back and forth to work this weekend. Hopefully it will there when I get back home Monday.

Hey Guys,

In case you haven't been updated, I just wanted to update the status on the AHRS Utility App. It is now compatible with all our devices. It also integrates engine monitoring if you have a Grand Rapids or Advanced Flight Systems EFIS or engine box that is connected to the iLevil.

The AHRS Utility now offers landscape mode and as always.. it is free!

Our apologies for the inconvenience we caused. This App was designed for our original AHRS-G mini only, and was not updated in time for the iLevil release...

Ananda.

"Always fly straight and Levil" :wink2:

Back