Igor got fed up & ejected....

This series on that site is new to me; Cessna 172 pilot on 9/11 got some pics. Doctored, or real?

http://englishrussia.com/?p=501
Those are real. That was Hectop. Before 911 he was a fixture on rec.aviation and well known to people. He really was flying that day and he posted those that night. He was really shaken up by the whole thing. The photos are legit.

All those years of reading his posts on Usenet and never knew he had a front seat view to the big show..

I went looking for his old website where he documented the whole story but it seems to be gone now. He had difficulty landing as they were closing airports in front of him to all traffic. If I recall he was worried about having to set it down off airport but finally found a place to land and had to find a way home.

Those Russians!! Feed 'em a little vodka and there's no telling the hijinks they'll get into. Ejecting from the plane while the other guy keeps on going?? That's hi-tech redneck stuff right there.

Those are real. That was Hectop. Before 911 he was a fixture on rec.aviation and well known to people. He really was flying that day and he posted those that night. He was really shaken up by the whole thing. The photos are legit.

I wonder what happened to him. I used to read his stuff over
there.

RT

Back