Ignore list request

MooneyDriver78

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Tom
Can't the ignore option be added as an option on the user (in addition to send private msg, etc), be much easier then going thru usercp screens and hand typing user id?

You mean like adding it to the drop menu when you tap their name?

You mean like adding it to the drop menu when you tap their name?
Yes, exactly, where you have "find more posts", "view public profile", "send email", etc, just add "add user to ignore list"
Thx, Tom

Yes, exactly, where you have "find more posts", "view public profile", "send email", etc, just add "add user to ignore list"
Thx, Tom

I believe that may have to be coded into the software. I know it is available on some forums.

I believe that may have to be coded into the software. I know it is available on some forums.
yes it is, the link should be something like this:
.../forums/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=29318

Click on the user name to open option menu.
Select "View Public Profile"

In the middle section, select "User Lists"
Select "Add to Ignore List"

Select "Yes"

Click on the user name to open option menu.
Select "View Public Profile"

In the middle section, select "User Lists"
Select "Add to Ignore List"

Select "Yes"
Yes, I know, I mention that in the OP, but then I have to navigate back to the thread I was reading. That's like 10 clicks plus manually typing in the userid, not the display name, I can put a flight plan into a Garmin GPS easier than that :lol:
It's not a BIG deal, but other sites that use this forum software have it, so I figure it should be reasonable simple thing to add, its just a link

Other sites also resize pictures automatically so when people post big assed pictures it doesn't blow out the whole thread....

Similarly, it would be nice if there was an "ignore forum" tool just like the ignore thread tool.

Specifically, I'd put the sports section on ignore.

Tim!!!!!!!! You can't ignore someone with the same first name, it just isn't allowed.

Similarly, it would be nice if there was an "ignore forum" tool just like the ignore thread tool.

Specifically, I'd put the sports section on ignore.

You can exclude them from the "New Posts". It's in your User CP.

Can't the ignore option be added as an option on the user (in addition to send private msg, etc), be much easier then going thru usercp screens and hand typing user id?

Just go into their user profile and add it from there.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-22 at 1.37.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-22 at 1.37.02 AM.png
    123.5 KB · Views: 9
Yes, I know, I mention that in the OP, but then I have to navigate back to the thread I was reading. That's like 10 clicks plus manually typing in the userid, not the display name, I can put a flight plan into a Garmin GPS easier than that :lol:
It's not a BIG deal, but other sites that use this forum software have it, so I figure it should be reasonable simple thing to add, its just a link

I must not be understanding what you want. If you are reading a post from someone you want to ignore, just click on (or tap) their name. Then a few more clicks or taps. I guess if you are not on a thread with their name in it but you decide to ignore them you have to type their names to look them up first, but I don't see any way around that.

The ability to ignore forums in the "New Posts" is not a feature of vBulletin. I participated in one board where they hacked it in, but I've not seen it made generally available as an extension. I may have to hit those guys up for the code to do it.

The ability to ignore forums in the "New Posts" is not a feature of vBulletin. I participated in one board where they hacked it in, but I've not seen it made generally available as an extension. I may have to hit those guys up for the code to do it.

A cluge that might be more trouble than it's worth is to make all forums optional, like the spin zone. Then everyone would have to select from a list all the forums they want to participate in and effectively ignore the rest.

But I have no idea if you can even code in a list forums to select like that.

Thanks, I didn't know about that option
But other vBulletin sites have the option directly off their name, so I figure it was an easy add, which doesn't require leaving the forum and having to navigate back to continue reading

You can do just about anything with vBulletin, it's all coded in PHP. The site I maintain (I inheritted most of the hacks) has probably two dozen extensions, a mix of homegrown stuff, and stuff downloaded from other vBulletin site hackers.

You can do just about anything with vBulletin, it's all coded in PHP. The site I maintain (I inheritted most of the hacks) has probably two dozen extensions, a mix of homegrown stuff, and stuff downloaded from other vBulletin site hackers.

All of which will haunt the hell out of you throughout the future every
time you try to upgrade vBulletin and introduce countless security issues.

This forum is administered by those who build and run saas applications for a living and like this site to just work and be simple to maintain. One of the components of that is avoiding the temptation to just tack on hack after hack.

Thanks for keeping this site healthy and responsive.

Of course after a few clicks you end up back at the user profile, then have to re-navigate back to forum and thread. Still kludgy, since it's not a common occurrence I'll live with it

Of course after a few clicks you end up back at the user profile, then have to re-navigate back to forum and thread. Still kludgy, since it's not a common occurrence I'll live with it

Right click on 'user profile' and open in a new tab. Finish your work there then close the new tab. You'll be right back where you were.

That's assuming you're working in Windows.

All of which will haunt the hell out of you throughout the future every
time you try to upgrade vBulletin and introduce countless security issues.

This forum is administered by those who build and run saas applications for a living and like this site to just work and be simple to maintain. One of the components of that is avoiding the temptation to just tack on hack after hack.

And blessings on those that keep this site working.

fwiw - a fair response to a feature request is "although it may be relatively simple to implement, this would be too cumbersome to maintain"

Right click on 'user profile' and open in a new tab. Finish your work there then close the new tab. You'll be right back where you were.

That's assuming you're working in Windows.

Actually you can do it in iOS as well by just holding your finger on the selection until the menu pops up.

Back