Ignition harness brand- x-post red

PaSkyhawk

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
PaSkyhawk
Any recommendations on spark plug wire brands, I have a Lycoming O-320 e2d in a 1976 Skyhawk. One mag occasionally runs rough when the engine is hot. The plugs have been replaced and it never misses in the first hour of operation so we’re trying the ignition harness. My mechanic didn’t have any preference on brand so I thought someone on the board did. I have Bendix mags.
Thanks,
Rich

I second the cheapest but you also want to check who can ship the soonest. Slick and Champion can be up to two weeks.
Ron

Any recommendations on spark plug wire brands, I have a Lycoming O-320 e2d in a 1976 Skyhawk. One mag occasionally runs rough when the engine is hot. The plugs have been replaced and it never misses in the first hour of operation so we’re trying the ignition harness. My mechanic didn’t have any preference on brand so I thought someone on the board did. I have Bendix mags.
Thanks,
Rich

My suggestion is to find the cylinder/ plug that is not firing and replace THAT lead. not the whole harness. the lead is 25-30 bucks. the whole harness is 300-400.

OBTW it doesn't sound like you have a bad lead. Sounds more like a bad mag coil.

Back