IFR written is scheduled

izzydogg

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
izzydogg
Hello all,
I've read the text book cover to cover. I've gone through the test bank book until it has the feel of an old phone book and have taken a mind numbing number of practice tests on Sporty's Study Buddy. I'm scoring in the 90's on the practice tests. I've scheduled the written for the 20th. Anyone have any words of wisdom?
Iz

Good luck!

I need to take mine and hope to do so in the next two weeks. I would like to get it done before Sun 'n' Fun (I am in FL and will be going there for a few days). I am watching a set of 2001 King tapes now - man, Martha moves though the material fast!! I am speed-flipping through the workbook to keep up.

John
alfadog
My YouTube channel

Last edited:
I'm working my way through MS-Aviation iPad study and hope to get the written out of the way by the end of April. Good luck.

I used the sportys study buddy and took the written a couple of weeks ago. If you're making 90's there you should pass - no sweat.

Took mine last week. Did pretty much the same things as you and found it much easier than I thought it would be. It all felt very fimiliar. You'll do fine.
Good Luck!!

Took mine last week. Did pretty much the same things as you and found it much easier than I thought it would be. It all felt very fimiliar. You'll do fine.
Good Luck!!

I had the same experience

I took my IFR written today and scored a 92 percent! It feels good to have that part of it done. I saw a few questions that I had not seen before, one on dicing boots. Most of it was familiar and felt good. Thanks for the words of encouragement last week!
Iz

Nice job, your time and hard work paid off, congrats

Slightly off topic here, but I've been considering the KLN-94 as an addition to my stack. If anyone has had one installed, can you comment on the overall cost for the purchase + installation?

This has come up before in other threads.

Unless you found a screaming deal on one, by the time you install it, you'll be only a few thousand short of a Garmin 430.

Especially if you need to upgrade CDIs or the location in your stack doesn't qualify as being in the "pilot's vision" and you have to add annunciators in the center of the panel.

You have studied. You know the material. You will do fine.

Terry

Back