IFR Written - CFII signing off on missed questions.

ginn68

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Michael
Quick question -

Does my CFII need to sign off on the questions I missed on my IFR written? Just making sure I'm ready for my check ride coming up.

Thanks

The check ride endorsement covers it. He/she is required to review the questions/areas you missed.

Yea, no additional sign off. My instructor also wrote down my test number to put in Iacra, so I guess the cfii says I reviewed this test with the applicant when filling out the Iacra.

Thanks for the responses. I hope to take my check ride in the next couple weeks. 5 hrs left.

Weird.
My dpe asked that when I got back home to have my instructor sign off on the written test results paper. Then wanted her to write the statement that was on the results paper in my logbook in addition to her endorsement for me to take the practical. The way the page from the results reads to me is if you failed the written then your instructor was signing you off saying they had done ground with you covering the areas you missed. I thought it only had to be signed if you failed. But he wanted it signed and in my logbook. Didn't stop my checkride, though. Just wanted it in there

And good luck on the ride!

Weird.
My dpe asked that when I got back home to have my instructor sign off on the written test results paper. Then wanted her to write the statement that was on the results paper in my logbook in addition to her endorsement for me to take the practical. The way the page from the results reads to me is if you failed the written then your instructor was signing you off saying they had done ground with you covering the areas you missed. I thought it only had to be signed if you failed. But he wanted it signed and in my logbook. Didn't stop my checkride, though. Just wanted it in there

If one failed the written it's required, but if one passes it is not as far as I know. Here's a typical endorsement for someone who has failed the written:

Retesting after failure of a knowledge or practical test: section 61.49.
I certify that (First name, MI, Last name) has received the additional (flight and/or ground, as appropriate) training as required by section 61.49. I have determined that He/She is prepared for the (name the knowledge/practical test). [DATE] Instructor Name, 1234567CFI, Exp. 12/31/2010

Thank you. I'm scheduling my check ride for the 17th.

If one failed the written it's required, but if one passes it is not as far as I know.

As you've pointed out, nothing is required to be written or signed by the CFI on the written test result paper unless they didn't pass the first time. Even then, the endorsement to take the written a second time should be able to be placed in the student's logbook if desired.

One of the prerequisites for taking a checkride however, is a logbook endorsement by the CFI stating that they have went over the areas that the student was found deficient on, on the written test. The only way a student will not need or receive this endorsement is if the checkride does not require a written test or if the student got a100% score on their written.

Back