IFR Pilot's N Paws flight

CARLOS W

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Wild2fly
Bit of a long video. I regularly fly PNP flights every month. Here is one of them.

Hey Carlos...if your goal is panel envy...you win!!!

I like the video. I will admit I watch the first few minutes and last few minutes and skim the middle. However I have a question and a suggestion:

Question: So when I see you do your run up, if I saw correctly you kinda need your left hand to do the mag check? If I have that right then: In a engine out emergency how do you cycle to each mag - do you fly with your right hand while cycling the mags or can you cycle the magnetos with your right hand somehow?

Suggestion: I just ordered a couple ND filters for my cheapo GoPro knockoff. I think it will cure the nasty propeller blade look and give that nice smooth prop blur. I think it should also make the sky a bit less bright and the panel a bit brighter. I think I have seen a few more pilots doing this to get a better interior shot where the people, panel and outside are all in the same shot.

I also have a small handheld gimbal on order. My daughter was shooting gopro video from the backseat and did about as good as she could have...but too bouncy. Next time we're up I'm going to have her try again on the gimbal to see if I can get it steady and still be movable in the plane.

Back