IFR database for Apollo 2001

Justin Miller

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Rellimj
Hello,

I have a PA23 with a fantastic IFR setup from the early 2000s including an Apollo NMS2001. Does anyone know if you can still get a current database for these older units? I searched through the forum and online but I’ve had little luck; I suspect they’re no longer available but I’d hate to remove it.

Thanks for the help,
JM

I can't seem to find a definitive answer, but my searching so far doesn't seem too promising, and I don't see that unit listed on the Jeppesen navdata site (although I'm not sure where it originally received navdata updates):
"A few months ago, a friend wrote to tell me that support had ended for his Apollo 2001 approach-approved panel-mount GPS." from here.
"The factory stopped supporting this unit in May 2014" from here.

That pretty much sums up my research as well. I thought I might be able to use a data card from one of the GX units or find a slide in replacement but those are both long shots. It is Jeppesen that originally sold the data. I’ll give them a call and see what they say.

I used to be able to trade in data cards with a guy on Ebay but it looks like that is no longer the case. I'm all but resigned to buying the data card writer and buying the updates for my GX50.

Any idea if the GX series updates will work in the 2001? It appears that they’ll work in the 2101.

JM

Perhaps try calling Garmin or Jep directly. Surprising the number of legacy systems Jep supports.

I used to be able to trade in data cards with a guy on Ebay but it looks like that is no longer the case. I'm all but resigned to buying the data card writer and buying the updates for my GX50.
I have extra database updates for the gx 50/60 55/65 if your interested email me mv_myrx@yahoo.com

Back