IFR Checkride done!

Caramon13

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Romeo
Checkride completed successfully! I was a little sad to see my PPL card get hole-punched, but I'm eager to get the new one with instrument airplane on it for sure.

The check-ride was challenging, but the training I had received REALLY helped. I can remember back to my first couple approaches I ever did when I was learning to fly under the hood. S-turning all over the localizer, busting MDA, figuring out how to control descent with power, getting distracted, etc.

Last night I had it down, got all my flows together had barely any movement on the CDI and the circle to land (which I thought would be hard) was a non-event.

There's been some good IMC in the middle of the state early morning here in FL, and I'm sure I'll use it this winter heading up to North Carolina to visit my mother-in-law.

Now, just gotta figure out how to pay all these bills I've been piling up to get here..lol.

Congratulations, don't forget to stay current.

Congrats,early morning flights in Fla ,will give you plenty of opportunity to stay current.

Thanks all! Ron if you have any suggestions for nearby KSRQ that you've used for currency I'd love to hear about them. I know KLAL and central FL are usually low overcast until around 10 AM early morning..not all the time though.

I was supposed to get my PP-ASEL hole punched?

Not that I plan on using it now that I have the temporary airman certificate, but I didn't know that was part of the deal.

Thanks Gary!

MAKG, I dunno, but mine was. I got a temporary airman with the new language on it. The hole punch was right through the hologram on the bottom right corner. I suppose that makes sense since the airman gave me more privileges at that point then the license did.

Dunno!

I can remember back to my first couple approaches I ever did when I was learning to fly under the hood. S-turning all over the localizer, busting MDA, figuring out how to control descent with power, getting distracted, etc.

I don't think you are alone there as a new IFR student. I did all that and worse:eek:

Congratulations on passing your ride:yes:

Thanks folks :)

I'm attaching a picture of how the weather is right now. Perfect for minimums approaches, just misty. Sucks that I am stuck here in the office for the next 8 hours or so. It's out there just taunting me :)

METARS:

KSRQ 201253Z 05008KT 6SM BR OVC004 22/22 A3002 RMK AO2 SLP165 T02220217

KLAL 201250Z 03008KT 4SM BR OVC006 22/22 A3005

KSPG 201253Z 07013KT 8SM OVC006 23/22 A3003 RMK AO2 CIG 005V010 SLP167 T02280217

KPIE 201253Z 07009KT 10SM BKN007 OVC016 23/22 A3004 RMK AO2 SLP172 T02280217

Attachments

• flweather.JPG
    flweather.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Congrats!!!

Don't forget to keep practicing your approaches. Keep yourself sharp.

Checkride completed successfully! I was a little sad to see my PPL card get hole-punched, but I'm eager to get the new one with instrument airplane on it for sure.

Better than when they took it from you, I about broke my jaw when it hit the table when the DPE took my card :eek: but then he asked "do you want it back?" and Oklahoma sent it back to me.

Congrats !

Back