IFR altitude changes

I'm sure that they will be, in time.

Bob

You can't change regulations without going through the rulemaking process which requires at least one publication (Final Rule) in the Federal Register. Usually it takes two (NPRM and the FR).

You can't change regulations without going through the rulemaking process which requires at least one publication (Final Rule) in the Federal Register. Usually it takes two (NPRM and the FR).

Airspace rules, except for instrument approach procedures (IAPs), require a NPRM and a minimum of a 45 day comment period.

IAPs are noted in the federal register by title, but there is no formal comment period.

I don't understand. With a 45 day comment period, why not list them as *proposed* changes, and release them with the normal 56 day chart cycle? The FR seems to suggest these are urgent changes that can't wait.

I don't understand. With a 45 day comment period, why not list them as *proposed* changes, and release them with the normal 56 day chart cycle? The FR seems to suggest these are urgent changes that can't wait.

Huh? These are not proposed, they are the final rule.

"Them" being what?

Back