iFly for Android (beta) now available

Jim_R

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jim
Another Android EFB / moving map option is now available. Adventure Pilot has released their iFly GPS package on the Google Play store, here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=iFly.GPS&hl=en

The software has been in private beta testing for about 6 weeks or so. It's working well for all the beta users, so AP is now opening the software up to public beta status--this will provide the opportunity for AP to determine whether the software is generally stable for all Android devices, or else flush out any device-specific issues that need to be addressed.

There are many GPS/EFBs on the market. If you're wondering why you should take a look at this one, I'd say there are three primary reasons:

1. Multi-device support. With the release of their Android product, iFly is now available on AP's custom hardware models 700, 720, and 520, iPad, and Android platforms. Add-on data plans for multi-device use are very reasonably priced.
  2. They have been very good about adding support to every portable ADSB receiver / transceiver on the market (except for those (like Garmin and Stratus) that intentionally limit/prohibit use with 3rd-party products); they have support for some AHRS systems as well.
  3. They have phenomenal customer service...the development team routinely interacts with the customer base on the AP message forums to take feature requests, bug reports, UI improvement suggestions, provide tech support, etc. They've got support folks staffing the phones, too. They do it right.
I have no affiliation with the company, other than as a very satisfied customer and member of the beta test team. Just sharing info about a product I like.

+1 with Jim, I am not testing the Android as I do not have one, but have been on the beta team for two years now. Great group of guys to work with.

Oooo, that looks really good. Thanks for the link, I'm going to have to try this on my smartphone.

I've been a part of the beta and have let my other software subscriptions lapse; this is now my goto software. I used it on my cross-country flight today, it's installed on my Nexus 7, with ADS-B info being supplied by my iLevil...perfecto.

Back