If you...

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
Mom said:
If we mow it they will come........

THANK YOU ! THANK YOU! THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!! As was stated at the first 6Y9 Fly-In last year, if we didn't have pilots we couldn't have a Fly-In! Thank you all for coming- whether you popped in for a short time or stayed a few days. Doesn't matter-- the fact is, you were able to come!

This weekend was unbelievable! I don't think think that you truly realize what an impact that you all have on that little town. I couldn't be prouder of the examples that you all set, the time that you took to talk to the locals, and for the ones who went to Mom's Kitchen for breakfast......well.....how patient you all were! We were thinking of suggesting to Dar (the owner) a family style breakfast for next year but I think the consensus was that the breakfast skillets were worth waiting for!

Prickett Grooms is a work in progress and we are so happy to be able to share that with you all. For those who braved camping and some pretty cold temps overnight Friday...kudos to you for sticking around another night! Thankfully the bears and the mountain lion must have been busy elsewhere so there was no excitement in that department.

We found some sunglasses on our picnic table at the camp. They were probably left there when one of the groups were getting outfitted for 4 wheeling. Let me know if they are yours and where to send them.

Next year I hope to only spend a couple of hours flying home but as it was I flew home via pickup-- eight hours to think about how everything went- what could we have done better, what did we miss and I remembered that there was some sort of cookie challenge that was supposed to take place in the oven at our camp......hmmmm......what happened to that and should we put that on the events calendar for next year????

Anyway-- thank you all again for coming. It was truly a pleasure to meet new friends and to see familiar faces. Hopefully Brad will be finishing up soon and we'll see some of you again soon.

Until then, fly safe.
Diz

I will be editing somewhere between an hour and two hours worth of video down to something a little less, well, long, and will get an earl for the pictures shortly.

Last edited:
its the Freds who deserve the big thank you. Cant wait to see the video and pictures. Breakfast at Mom's was fantastic and well worth the wait. Jesse wimped out on the cookie challenge. Ill be up to defend my title next year.

I agree with Tony.. The Fredricks' deserve the kudos for the weekend. All we had to to was show up, and they did all the work! It's a great event that Rachel and I are already looking forward to for next year.

As far as Mom's kitchen -- some things are worth waiting for. ;) Besides, it gave us campers an opportunity to sit indoors for a while. :D

Way the by: Those are my sunglasses, but they are wal-mart cheapo's, so you can do with them as you wish. Shipping them to me would probably cost as much as a new pair. :D

Hopefully next year, with a fully operational prop, I will be able to take locals up for some rides and give Ed a break from all the flying he *had* to do. ;)

I agree with Tony.. The Fredricks' deserve the kudos for the weekend. All we had to to was show up, and they did all the work! It's a great event that Rachel and I are already looking forward to for next year.

As far as Mom's kitchen -- some things are worth waiting for. ;) Besides, it gave us campers an opportunity to sit indoors for a while. :D

Way the by: Those are my sunglasses, but they are wal-mart cheapo's, so you can do with them as you wish. Shipping them to me would probably cost as much as a new pair. :D

Hopefully next year, with a fully operational prop, I will be able to take locals up for some rides and give Ed a break from all the flying he *had* to do. ;)
YES! Diz, Ed, and Brad did the lion's share of the work, and have well earned all the kudos they've been getting!

One of the flights I think Ed truly did have to make himself. He knows the one I'm talking about, and may wish to tell the story. Next year I think I'll be more up to giving some flights myself, hopefully in our own plane. (Though you certainly shouldn't hold your breath! :rolleyes:)

Yes, the skillets are worth the wait, but we should give them some advance notice, probably a day before, that we'll be inundating them. Some of the prep work could be done ahead of time that way, so they don't have to turn away all their other guests!

I will be editing somewhere between an hour and two hours worth of video down to something a little less, well, long, and will get an earl for the pictures shortly.

Can't wait.

BTW - earl. I've heard that before. Do some people really belive that url is pronounced earl and not U.R.L.?

Can't wait.

BTW - earl. I've heard that before. Do some people really belive that url is pronounced earl and not U.R.L.?

I say it "earl" because it is 2 less syllables.

"Gimme the earl and I'll look it up"

Back