If you win a scholarship for flight training, do you have to use it right away?

N918KT

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
KT
Hello all, I might plan to continue flight training once I graduate from college this May and have a job. But I want to apply for scholarships for flight training in the mean time. My question is do you have to do flight training currently to win a flight training scholarship (in general) or can you win a scholarship and save it until you are ready to do flight training?

It depends on the terms of the scholarship. Some require you to actually complete a milestone before the award is given (pass the written, solo, etc) and some are a lump sum that is deposited into an account typically at your flight school.

Hello all, I might plan to continue flight training once I graduate from college this May and have a job. But I want to apply for scholarships for flight training in the mean time. My question is do you have to do flight training currently to win a flight training scholarship (in general) or can you win a scholarship and save it until you are ready to do flight training?

Where do you go to apply for scholarships? Let alone win one?

Just don't win it this year. Win it next year

winning.jpg

They had a scholarship to get you up to solo at the Civil Air Patrol squadron I used to be a part of. About the only reason I could afford my pilot training. I know other squadrons around the country had similar things as well (but it wasn't common I believe). I imagine some collages that have a big pilot program might also have scholarships as well.

For females, the 99s offer a lot and so does women I'm aviation. Heck, I think the 99s may offer one or two scholarships for men now. Also check out NBAA or your state NBAA (I know AZNBAA offers quite a few). I have friends who have won a couple of entire ratings in scholarships.

Back