If you want to operate an air charter, don't falsify your medical

alaskaflyer

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Alaskaflyer
http://www.adn.com/static/images/pdf/mavrik_eor_a.pdf

What a cluster. Dude, you are making us look bad.

Under 49 U.S.C. § 46105(c) the Administrator has determined that an emergency exists related to safety in air commerce. You falsely represented in your August 9, 2006, application for a medical certificate that the date of your last application was July 1, 2005, when you knew that your last application was submitted on August 1, 2006. Thus, the aviation medical examiner to whom you submitted the August 9, 2006, application was not aware of the August 1, 2006, application that was deferred or the recent driver’s license action you reported on it. Had you correctly stated that you had submitted an application on August 1, 2006, and had you indicated that your “already reported” explanation for your response to question 18v referred to your August 1, 2006, application, then this relevant information would have been available to the aviation medical examiner in deciding whether to defer the issuance of the certificate.

You also falsely represented the maximum gross takeoff weight for a civil aircraft in a required maintenance record that you knew would be used and relied upon by pilots and FAA inspectors in determining what could be carried in the aircraft without exceeding an operational limitation. By falsely stating the useful load in a document on which you knew others would rely, you caused them to overload the aircraft thereby endangering the lives of others and their property.

Further, you attempted to disguise operations subject to Parts 119 and 135 of the FAR as being a lease and not subject to those requirements, and you represented in an application for a special use permit in a National Wildlife Refuge that Exousia, d/b/a Mavrik Aire, was authorized to use an aircraft in those operations when that aircraft was not listed in the operations specifications for Mavrik Aire.

In addition, you have repeatedly and intentionally refused to surrender the medical certificate second class that you obtained because of the intentionally false entry when the issuance was reversed by an authorized person and you were requested to surrender it.

Lastly, you have served as a check airman and a pilot in command of flights subject to Parts 119 and 135 when you were not qualified to serve in that capacity for multiple reasons on numerous occasions. In fact, you served as a check airman for Mavrik Aire only three days after having been told your check airman authority was terminated in part because you did not meet eligibility requirements. FAA Order 2150.3A, Appendix 4 (page 19, paragraph 41) recommends certificate revocation as the appropriate sanction for intentional falsification.

Air safety depends on, among other things, the trustworthiness of all certificate holders functioning in the system. Certificate holders who intentionally falsify applications for certificates as well as documents relied upon by others to determine the safe loading of an aircraft, compromise the certification process as well as the safety of flights, and thereby pose a threat to air safety. Your willingness to make false representations in order to make it appear there was no reason to question your eligibility for medical certification and that an aircraft could carry a larger load than it was certificated to carry show that you cannot be trusted to maintain the integrity of aviation’s trustbased application and recordkeeping systems. Further, your willingness to engage in an attempt to circumvent regulatory requirements, serve as a check airman after being told you were not qualified, and mislead a Federal official regarding regulatory requirements as well as your repeated refusal to surrender a certificate when required to do so all show that you lack a proper compliance disposition. Thus, your actions as described above clearly reflect a lack of the qualifications necessary to hold an airman certificate.

In conclusion, the Administrator has determined that because the violations described aboveestablish that you are not qualified to hold any pilot, medical, or mechanic certificate, any exercise by you of the privileges of any such certificate presents an unacceptable risk to aviation safety. The Administrator, therefore, finds in accordance with 49 U.S.C. § 46105(c) and the guidance found in FAA Order 2150.3A, paragraphs 206(d) (pages 2628
of Chapter 2) and 1202(h), that allowing you to hold your pilot, medical, or mechanic certificates while any proceedings related to the issuance of this Order are pending is contrary to the interest of safety in air commerce.

Last edited:
Well written letter. Good riddance to this pimple on the face of the aviation community.

Holy cow. Too bad they can only suspend for a year.

You made me read the whole thing. :D It's an emergency revocation of all pilot, medical and mechanics certificates. The year is time he has to wait before he can apply for new certificates.

Like with Smoketown Hayden, he would have to start with a new medical and a PPL checkride and work all the way back.

I would suspect that unlike Hayden, this guy would rightly have his application for medical denied due to the alcohol charges.

Maybe he can ask Sen. Stevens to explain that all of this was a misunderstanding because tubes were clogged and propose an amendment that FAA emergency revocations don't apply in Alaska.

Last edited:
I've heard that now that the one year blackout has passed, Hayden Schaffer was applying for another pilot certificate. However, a check of the pilot database fails to reveal a current pilot certificate under his name. One suspects that he may have trouble finding an instructor willing to sign an 8710 for him, and even if he does, it will be very hard finding an examiner who will give him a practical test he can pass.

I've heard that now that the one year blackout has passed, Hayden Schaffer was applying for another pilot certificate. However, a check of the pilot database fails to reveal a current pilot certificate under his name. One suspects that he may have trouble finding an instructor willing to sign an 8710 for him, and even if he does, it will be very hard finding an examiner who will give him a practical test he can pass.

Hey now, Ron, this is the internets, you can't just go "slandering" someone just because they messed up things for the entire country of pilots!!

Or does the "laws of the internets" only apply to those of us without the magic MC access?

Mr. Schaffer gracefullly took his sanctions and bowed out. I'd think he earned an opportunity to see what he's learned. The other party at the time, however.... Well, never mind. I'll be nice.

Ya gotta love it - the list of regs the fool violated was 12 deep. :mad:

Thanks for nothin', Craig Schweitzer, Kenai, Alaska.

I can't believe they actually found a licensed pilot in an area of the country where the FAA's goal is to get 50% of the pilots to get licensed.

Mr. Schaffer gracefullly took his sanctions and bowed out. I'd think he earned an opportunity to see what he's learned.
No, he did not. He reapplied and was briefly listed with a current medical in June of last year. This has disappeared.

As for Mr. Schweitzer, just a ..sigh............You can dodge, lie, cheat, and dodge. But eventually you do something really doofus and the jig is up. Here's such a guy.

Last edited:
Hey now, Ron, this is the internets, you can't just go "slandering" someone just because they messed up things for the entire country of pilots!! Or does the "laws of the internets" only apply to those of us without the magic MC access?
I think you'll find that my post above contains only documented facts and my personal opinion about the general willingness of flight instructors and/or examiners in Mr. Sheaffer's area to work with Mr. Sheaffer. I sincerely doubt that my opinion about those various and unspecified instructors/examiners constitutes slander.:rolleyes:

I think you'll find that my post above contains only documented facts and my personal opinion about the general willingness of flight instructors and/or examiners in Mr. Sheaffer's area to work with Mr. Sheaffer. I sincerely doubt that my opinion about those various and unspecified instructors/examiners constitutes slander.:rolleyes:

OK, OK, I'm not trying to start a big ol' debate here, just pointing out that everything I was saying about Troy was truthful and published as well....

Ain't no thang, I was just wondering if we had finally loosened the reigns on the situation.

Well, this is something that I didn't realize the first time around.

And, not surprisingly, this is all the government's fault.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/W/WST_MAVRIK_AIRE_AKOL-?SITE=AKFAI&SECTION=HOME
An air charter operator claims he lost his aviation licenses because he's the son of the imprisoned leader of the Montana Freemen, a claim inspectors say is unfounded.

Craig Schweitzer is the son of Freemen leader Leroy Schweitzer, who led the group that held U.S. marshals at bay for 81 days in 1996.
The younger Schweitzer said he has tried to follow the rules at his business in Kenai but that that his father may have been right to buck the system.
"As much as people love America - and I feel for it too - I think our government has betrayed us," Schweitzer said. "There are men who fought and died for the freedoms we're supposed to have in this country."

An administrative law judge last week rejected Schweitzer's appeal of his license revocation by the Federal Aviation Administration.

Schweitzer said FAA inspectors have long sought reasons to shut him down because of his family ties.

Right, and my license was suspended in 1986 due to my ex-wife's fault. It was probably her fault IMC existed as well! It sure is a good thing I divorced her!

:rolleyes:

I bet good money that if one of the Kennedys acted like this Schweitzer dude, he also be revoked, EMERGENCY basis.

'Course there'd be all sorts of legal posturing afterward that would go noplace.

"It's my Daddy's fault!"
sigh...."chief, take that man away."

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back