If you need a folding bike for your plane, $225 closeout Decathalon cbc500 20”

ChopAndDrop

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
ChopAndDrop
I was trying to get one of those electric scooter things for Oshkosh but find this instead seems to be a much better way to go…
https://www.decathlon.com/collectio...20-folding-bike-197297?variant=39315528712254
https://www.decathlon.com/collections/decathlon-outlet/products/btwin-cbc500-tilt-20-folding-bike-197297

Just got one for my plane in prep for Oshkosh. Not the best or lightest folding bike in the world, but for $225 (and free shipping) can’t beat it.

I got mine a few days ago, I’m a taller person and it seems to fit me okay. Gears go low enough that can ride it on grass okay (important for getting through the airplane camping rows at AirVenture)

wow.. $225 is cheaper than any of the options I saw previously. Maybe I was accidentally looking at ebikes or something.
I'm going to have to look into these, I've been interested in one for a while to stow in the plane.

Looks like a decent deal. Have you weighed it? I cannot find a weight for it on the Web site.

Certainly an inexpensive option. For another $200 I can vouch for the Zizzo Urbano. I got it for the plane, but it's so handy and comfortable that I sold my hybrid and now use the Zizzo exclusively around town.

Looks like a decent deal. Have you weighed it? I cannot find a weight for it on the Web site.

okay I’m weighing it on my bathroom scale….
It’s right-at 29 lbs (a bit more than 13 kg)

wow.. $225 is cheaper than any of the options I saw previously.

Certainly an inexpensive option. For another $200 I can vouch for the Zizzo Urbano.

yeah I was debating bettween gettign an electric scooter or a Zizzo folding bike. Seems a “good” electric scooter was gonna cost around $300 anyways, plus they have dubious legal status if you have to go a few blocks around outside of OSH perimeter (do scooters ride on the sidewalk? They don’t get the same legal status as a Bicycle to use a lane if there is no sidewalk) plus I was afraid an e-scooter couldn’t handle going thru the grass at airplane camping. Plus didn’t know how I would charge an electric scooter while there. The eScooter would be a lot smaller to pack, though.

okay I’m weighing it on my bathroom scale….
It’s right-at 29 lbs (a bit more than 13 kg)

I've got one on the way; it should be here by the weekend. I may have to get creative to get it through a 172's cargo door however.

I don't see any specs for range and speed.

But I ordered one anyway.

Very light. I have a Discovery 5 also. It is about 48 pounds, but good range and speed.

I don't see any specs for range and speed.

But I ordered one anyway.

If you are referring to the Decathlon folding bike: I think it has 5 or 7 gears. Twist and click control on the right handlebar will change gears.

The range is as long as you can pedal.

Bah, kids these days wanting everything to move them around with motors, back in my day we had to move ourselves around with our own power !!!

I accidentally ended-up with two of these due to accidentally placing duplicate orders. Decathlon will _not_ let you cancel the order under any circumstances, Even before it shipped-out, they made up some silly excuse and dragged their feet until it shipped. Then said if I wanted to reject the shipment it would cost a whole lot in return shipping, so they are strict about it.

DUH, I was thinking electric bike.

But that is cool.

Zizzo is a major manufacturer of foldable. Great 20" on Amazon, and it's Prime so it's returnable. 29 lbs. I also have a couple of Turboant X7 Pro scooters I can throw in the back. I was nervous about having a big lithium ion pack behind me in the airplane, but the X7 Pro batteries are completely removable. I keep them in a fireproof bag at my feet so I can monitor and potentially toss out the window in an emergency.

Zizzo Folding Bike

Pics of the folding bike in a different type of airplane:

I could fit a “full size” bike in the plane but only if I remove the back-seat and have it lengthwise, with the wheels removed.

Attachments

• IMG_7402.jpeg
    IMG_7402.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
Back