If you miss Flying Wild Alaska...

jpower

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
James
...there's a show called Bush Pilots. I just ran across it on Youtube, where they have a bunch of episodes. The quality leaves something to be desired, but if it satisfies an addiction...

It's a show that comes from the UK about expat pilots flying the African bush in Botswana. I've seen two of the episodes, and so far it's not bad! Except of course for the melodrama, but that's what makes money, I guess. Pilots should be able to sift through the drama and see some pretty cool flying. For example, going around because of a giraffe on the runway. When was the last time you had to do that?

First episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy9_pZrT1GA

Awesome, thanks much ! I'll watch on the new 'Smart TV'.

I was landing at Sulphur Creek Lodge, in the Frank Church Wilderness area in Idaho, one time and it is a not go around strip and when I got close enough to see I had a Mule standing in the middle of the runway. Thank heavens he moved as I approached and all turned out ok.

Attachments

• IMG_3254.JPG
    IMG_3254.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 31
...there's a show called Bush Pilots. I just ran across it on Youtube, where they have a bunch of episodes. The quality leaves something to be desired, but if it satisfies an addiction...

It's a show that comes from the UK about expat pilots flying the African bush in Botswana. I've seen two of the episodes, and so far it's not bad! Except of course for the melodrama, but that's what makes money, I guess. Pilots should be able to sift through the drama and see some pretty cool flying. For example, going around because of a giraffe on the runway. When was the last time you had to do that?

First episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy9_pZrT1GA

Like this giraffe..:dunno::eek:

Attachments

• cessnavsgiraffeck2.jpg
    cessnavsgiraffeck2.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 27
Never could understand the Teeto attraction.

I would rather fly to Alasska and create my own memories.

Don't sit in front of a TV. Get our there and just do it.!

Sometimes actually flying isn't in the cards (I'm looking at you, aero department...you and your excessive homework-giving ways...). Watching others do it is the next best thing to satisfy the addiction :).

You paying for my avgas? Didn't think so.

I'm enjoying the series. Thanks for the pointer.

Back