"if you like your doctor we don't give a ****."

Why would you want to "BAIL" out a well thought out bill..:dunno:.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

No reason if you are happier with fewer choices.

I don't keep everyone straight on POA, but somebody was whining about lack of choices in Wyoming. Not sure who that was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$2.6 Billion wasn't enough? You mean the risk corridor didn't work...

Someone call Captain Renault...

The co-ops were supposed to have provided competition to keep rates low...central planning never works.

Not sure if it worked or not.

Some coops are thriving.

He didn't kill them. They were already dead.

They were dead the moment state regulators (with pressure from the feds) approved made-up actuarial data to justify rate structures that seemed cheaper than the commercial carriers.

Ironically, some of them continue living.

Seems a bit more complex than you think.

No reason if you are happier with fewer choices.

I don't keep everyone straight on POA, but somebody was whining about lack of choices in Wyoming. Not sure who that was.

You are right....

I had TWO choices... WinHealth and BCBS.... Then the ponzie scheme collapsed and now I have only one choice...

Thanks Obamacare...:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad:

Ironically, some of them continue living.

Seems a bit more complex than you think.

Some were properly funded and used actuarial data that reflected their risk pool. Nothing wrong with coops. A lot wrong with starting a coop knowing that you dont have the funding to make it work. Those that were fibbing the data relied on the feds to bail them out, when the feds didn't cut a check, the inevitable happened pretty quickly.

It's like renting a 5000sqft home and relying on section 8 vouchers to pay your rent. You can't complain if you get evicted because your voucher wasn't approved.

Last edited:
I can only speak as one case, one person, but before ACA our health care choices, coverage, and costs were much MUCH better.

Originally Posted by JoseCuervo

Some coops are thriving.

Show me the math

I bet he can't.... since there is NO documented cases of co-ops thriving without external funding...

You are right....

I had TWO choices... WinHealth and BCBS.... Then the ponzie scheme collapsed and now I have only one choice...

Thanks Obamacare...:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad:

You do have other choices.

Show me the math

Like described earlier, the rules changed thanks to Mr. Rubio and his cocaine cartel supporters.

Lawmakers had originally planned to provide $10 billion in grants to get the CO-OPs up and running in every state. But insurance industry lobbyists and fiscal conservatives in Congress succeeded in reducing the total to $6 billion, and turning it into loans – with relatively short repayment schedules – instead of grants (and CO-OPs are not permitted to use federal loan money for marketing purposes). Then, during budget negotiations in 2011, those loans were cut by another $2.2 billion. And in 2012, during the fiscal cliff negotiations, CO-OP funding was reduced even further – and applications from 40 prospective CO-OPs were rejected.

Ultimately, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) awarded about $2.4 billion in loans to 23 CO-OPs across the countr

Like described earlier, the rules changed thanks to Mr. Rubio and his cocaine cartel supporters.

Did you read what you posted $2.4 Billion to 23 co-ops...12 of which have folded or been shut down by regulators.

It wasn't the money that did them in it was the rules in the law.

Originally Posted by JoseCuervo

Some coops are thriving.

I bet he can't.... since there is NO documented cases of co-ops thriving without external funding...

On October 1, 2015 the federal government notified health insurance carriers across the country that risk corridors payments from 2014 would only amount to 12.6 percent of the total owed to the carriers. The program is budget neutral as a result of the 2015 benefit and payment parameters released by HHS in March 2014. And the “Cromnibus bill” that was passed at the end of 2014 eliminated the possibility of the risk corridors program being anything but budget neutral, despite the fact that HHS had said they would adjust the program as necessary going forward.

They banked on receiving additional money that was never appropriated. How is that Rubios fault ?

You are right. Rubio likely wasn't even present during the votes.

the biggest no-shows in Congress

Absentee Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), left, and Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.), right, lead their respective chambers in missed votes.
Of the lawmakers currently serving in the U.S. Senate, Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) is the least likely to show up for work. He’s been in office for four years, and of 1,198 opportunities to vote, he has declined to do so 99 times. That’s an absentee rate of 8.2 percent—four times the Senate average of 2.01 percent.

So exactly how much seed money beyond the $2.3 BILLION is needed? You know math...

Since the Health Insurers were ripping everyone off surely it wouldn't have taken much for the non-profit co-ops to be successful.

You keep posting about what they didn't get...show us the math for why 50% failed?

So exactly how much seed money beyond the $2.3 BILLION is needed? You know math...

Since the Health Insurers were ripping everyone off surely it wouldn't have taken much for the non-profit co-ops to be successful.

You keep posting about what they didn't get...show us the math for why 50% failed?

Hmmmm....... Follow the money...

Who stands to benefit from the coops failing?

you can do it.

you can do it.

But we were told the evil insurance companies were making money hand over foot surely the central planners at CMS could find someone to do it better...so these co-ops got all this seed money and premiums for their enrolled members and still couldn't make it...kind of like Solyndra.

Oh wait...so not only do you want the enrollees to be subsidized you also want the co-ops to also be subsidized more than they already were.

The plethora of connected consultants who made money off setting them up. The actuaries who fibbed the numbers, the financial guys who made money selling the bonds, the advertising companies who flooded the airwaves with their inane advertising. A lot of people profited off the coops. It's like the state medicaid programs. You know the right people, you grease the right palms, you elect the right legislators you are getting a guaranteed income stream.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...abce0c-99a8-11e3-80ac-63a8ba7f7942_story.html

The plethora of connected consultants who made money off setting them up. The actuaries who fibbed the numbers, the financial guys who made money selling the bonds, the advertising companies who flooded the airwaves with their inane advertising. A lot of people profited off the coops. It's like the state medicaid programs. You know the right people, you grease the right palms, you elect the right legislators you are getting a guaranteed income stream.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...abce0c-99a8-11e3-80ac-63a8ba7f7942_story.html

Kinda like Michelle's college roommate who won the 1 BILLION dollar contract for that outstanding Obamacare website...:mad2::mad2:

Kinda like Michelle's college roommate who won the 1 BILLION dollar contract for that outstanding Obamacare website...:mad2::mad2:

Or the big Obama donor who owns the Electronic Medical Records company...funny how that got written into the PPACA.

Btw, you keep claiming that there are coops that 'thrive'. There is only one that is not in the red, and that is the one in Maine. The rest are already on the government teat.

But we were told the evil insurance companies were making money hand over foot surely the central planners at CMS could find someone to do it better...so these co-ops got all this seed money and premiums for their enrolled members and still couldn't make it...kind of like Solyndra.

Oh wait...so not only do you want the enrollees to be subsidized you also want the co-ops to also be subsidized more than they already were.

During the startup phase? Looks like they have to be.

Jeffery Thompson was her college roommate and got a $1b contract?

Btw, you keep claiming that there are coops that 'thrive'. There is only one that is not in the red, and that is the one in Maine. The rest are already on the government teat.

By design.

During the startup phase? Looks like they have to be.

But, but evil insurance companies making so much money...these were the best and brightest...it shouldn't have been this hard if all those things were true.

But, but evil insurance companies making so much money...these were the best and brightest...it shouldn't have been this hard if all those things were true.

Insurance companies or the coops?

Why would they benefit if they fail?

Same reason Solyndra sucked 600 million from the guv with NO repayment requirements.......

Who got that money???

Ya really need to get on your A game ol buddy...

Last edited:
Jeffery Thompson was her college roommate and got a $1b contract?

Ha .. Clever answer,, But you have the wrong college roommate...:rolleyes:

Whitleys_at_WH.jpg

By design.

? You kept disputing that O-care was designed to fail. I am glad to see that you have seen the error of your ways and now understand that it was designed to fail.

Same reason Solyndra sucked 600 million from the guv with NO repayment requirements.......

Who got that money???

Ya really get on your A game ol buddy...

Did any of those guys go to trial?

Why would they benefit if they fail?

Ever watched 'The producers' ? It describes the concept quite well. Doesn't matter whether the project succeeds of fails, all that counts is to skim off your management fees.

Back