If you get Versus...

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Make sure you watch the Lobos (15) game today. It's gonna be a lot more exciting than the NFL games today.

We're playing the UNLV Runnin' Rebels (NR), and this game is always good (has been a good game for the last 12 years I can remember).

Time: 1400 Mountain (1600 Eastern, 1500 Central and 1300 Pacific).
Channel: Versus
Dish Channel 151

No DirecTV coverage unfortunately.

GOOOOOOooooooo!!!! LOBOS!
Awoooooo.

Versus is currently verboten on Direct TV due to a dispute with Comcast. They get about two more months to solve. If it is not back on I am leaving DirectTV and going to AT&T uVerse.

I get versus, but I only watch hockey. The last college basketball game I watched was in 1987, and that was in person.

Good luck Lobos.

Versus is currently verboten on Direct TV due to a dispute with Comcast. They get about two more months to solve. If it is not back on I am leaving DirectTV and going to AT&T uVerse.

What's up with that?? There's no way I'm missing TdF this year and so far only Vs carries Phil and Paul.

We also miss several Penguins games that are on Vs, not local FSN...

If you get Versus, you should be watching Tom Gresham's excellent program, Guns & Gear.

http://www.gunsandgeartv.com

Tom's one of us... great show, great guy.

What's up with that?? There's no way I'm missing TdF this year and so far only Vs carries Phil and Paul.

We also miss several Penguins games that are on Vs, not local FSN...
Verus is owned by Comcast and they want more money to have it on other networks. So far DirectTv is not willing to pay. The reason I am using DirectTV now is because Comcast and the Dish Network got into this issue a few years ago and Dish dropped the channel. I have to be able to see the TdF!!!!

Verus is owned by Comcast and they want more money to have it on other networks. So far DirectTv is not willing to pay. The reason I am using DirectTV now is because Comcast and the Dish Network got into this issue a few years ago and Dish dropped the channel. I have to be able to see the TdF!!!!

We have too since we signed up for DirectTV 7 years ago (It's our only option as we're 660' from the road). But apparently this Comcast/DirectTV p@@@@@ing contest is recent...?

We have too since we signed up for DirectTV 7 years ago (It's our only option as we're 660' from the road). But apparently this Comcast/DirectTV p@@@@@ing contest is recent...?
It has been going on for a couple of months now.

While AT&T, Verizon and Cablevision fight about access to the MSG Network, Comcast and DirecTV are engaged in a carriage dispute of their own. DirecTV last night dropped access to the Comcast-owned Versus channel, issuing a public statement proclaiming that Comcast "has forced us to take down the channel because we will not agree to their ridiculous demands that simply do not reflect current market valuations for their programming." In response, the channel issued a statement saying "Versus offered DirecTV a fair and reasonable offer to carry the network at the market price," adding that "we hope DirecTV will make the right decision for their customers and put Versus back on the air."
http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Comcast-DirecTV-Fight-Over-Versus-Network-104261

Hmmm.. extortion at its finest.

:D

Just wait until Comcast owns NBC and it's associated cable networks.

I'm on Dish - we can't get the HD version of the mid-Atlantic sports networks (owned by Comcast). Can't tell whether it's a fee issue or whether Comcast is outright refusing to supply the HD version to competitors.

Apparently Versus is back on DirecTV. Just in time for basketball sea....oh wait.

PBR anyone? :puke:

I usually only drink PBR when I'm drunk and another drunk person buys it for me.

Back when I was in college, PBR was selling for a buck a large pitcher.... we rented a lot of beer....

Back