If you could see 1 plane fly at oshkosh

I want to hear a B-36 take off and then do a low level high speed pass. I'd also like seeing anything I build with the 7755 hanging on it. :D

oh, what about a nasa 747 with a shuttle on top

that would be real nice

With the doors open so we can sightsee up close & personal.

Come to think of it, I vote to permanently base the Enterprise at OSH. Afterall, it is the first of the Ultimate Experimentals, right? So it belongs there.

Starship Enterprise

Which edition? I prefer NCC 1701 (the original) but I'll take any of them. A real shame that Paramount auctioned off all the models a few years ago, and there will be no more because CGI is just so incredibly good these days.

Which edition? I prefer NCC 1701 (the original) but I'll take any of them. A real shame that Paramount auctioned off all the models a few years ago, and there will be no more because CGI is just so incredibly good these days.

"NCC-1701, no bloody A, B, C, or D"

I guess for me I'd like to see the Cessna Helicopter at OSH.

Duh. My plane (assuming they raffle off a plane or something). They would be flying it down to had deliver it to me along with a giant check to pay for lifetime fuel and maintenance and insurance and hangar fees and of course unlimited CFI training.

I guess for me I'd like to see the Cessna Helicopter at OSH.

The "Skyhook" CH1C was operating at the Seattle Worlds Fair in 1962. Seattle Helicopters had three of the 5 place helicopters. They carried 10,000 people.

The Cessna "Skyhook" was designed by Frank Robinson.

skyhookandspaceneedle.jpg

Cool, nope. I used to work for Al Martin and he was a B-36 crew chief/engineer, he had stories about that plane. The main reason I want to see it fly though is not to see it, it's to feel it as it passes, 168 cylinders running at 4000 RPM stomping out several thousand horsepower, would be awesome to feel.

The B-36 is one of the most intriguing aircraft that went into significant production. Incredible range and altitude capability for its time. Flying it must have been like operating a steamship, with 6 x 4360's and 4 x J47's, and the FE translating what the pilot wanted into actual engine output.

Some of the more interesting (unclassified) B-36 flights were making movies of nuke tests in the Pacific. Minus all of the ECM gear and defensive weapons, there are quite a few reports of crews attaining altitudes in the upper 50's. Of course, the last few thousand feet were gained the hard way - 50 FPM or less, with the climb only continuing as fuel burned off.

So when you see those high altitude films of Bikini or wherever, you know a B-36 was probably the photo platform.

Spruce Goose would be great, did see the Sutherland there.
XB-70, I did see the Concord there.
Would love to see an ME-262 or ME-109 fly
my favorite was the Dehavilland Mosquito, the only thing I have heard that sounds better than a Merlin Engine is two them in sync. I suspect a Lancaster bomber would be interesting.

Brian
CFIIG/ASEL

I would love to see a ACH-47A Guns A Go-Go fly.

I got invited to an A-10 followed by AC 130 live fire demo, freakin awesome. They time it so the 130 is rolling in right as the sun set to really intensify that " wall of flaming death" effect.

Back