If you could see 1 plane fly at oshkosh

dennyleeb

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
7DeltaBravo
what would it be (current or past)

I would have to go sr-71

It's not a plane, but I'd say the USS Los Angeles airship.

P-51
P-38
P-40
F6F Hellcat
Spitefire
B-17
B-24

Pick one. ;)

all those have been to airventure

more of a dreamplane question, so do you have another (love all you listed as well)

Last edited:
oh, what about a nasa 747 with a shuttle on top

that would be real nice

even a antonov 225 would be nice

Well, The Hindenburg would be at the top of my list.
But if it's a plane that still exists, my favorite
fighter plane has always been the F-104 Starfighter.....
and I've never even seen one on static display, much
less flying!
...and I'd kill for a ride in one!

I would like to see them rig the space shuttle so they can do pattern work...

I'd love to see one of those fly too. One of my all-time favorites. Maybe someday I'll visit Dayton and see the remaining one there at the AF museum.

I'm a sucker for the Harrier.

I've seen the Harrier at Oshkosh back in 2007, the first time I attended. Probably the loudest aircraft I've ever heard up close and personal. Eardrum-bleeding loud. :eek:

Attachments

• Tim's Camera - Oshkosh Day 1 - 2007-07-24 067.jpg
    Tim's Camera - Oshkosh Day 1 - 2007-07-24 067.jpg
    706.2 KB · Views: 7
Douglas C-74 Globemaster!

Or maybe Spruce Goose. Too bad they scrapped both.

Yes! so exciting!

IT'S CALLED THE HERCULES!!!!

:wink2:

And dammit it will fly!

qn38b3k3jkhbj3hb.jpg

I actually really liked that movie.

Wouldn't mind too much seeing a Shuttle glide in. Don't think the EAA has quite that pull, though.

I'd love to see one of those fly too. One of my all-time favorites. Maybe someday I'll visit Dayton and see the remaining one there at the AF museum.

I went there as a kid in the 1970s, and saw that bomber. Never forgot it, and it made me want to be a USAF bomber pilot.

Then during a flight physical in 1982 a female airman at the Offutt AFB Hospital told me I was 1/4" too tall sitting height to be a pilot, so I did the next most exciting thing I could think of and became a CPA. :mad2:

If they'd deliver my new (insert faster, free airplane) here at Oshkosh I would be happy to see it there. ;)

Douglas C-74 Globemaster!

Or maybe Spruce Goose. Too bad they scrapped both.

Ummm The Hercules is on static display at The Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum in McMinnville, Oregon.

I've seen the Harrier at Oshkosh back in 2007, the first time I attended. Probably the loudest aircraft I've ever heard up close and personal. Eardrum-bleeding loud. :eek:

You beat me too it. That was a very cool flight demo. Did a slow low pass down 18, stopped midfield, turned 90* and faced the crowd, turned 90* back down the runway and took off. It was a "Go ahead, punk. Make my day." moment.

I'm a sucker for the Harrier.

Maybe with an ANR headset and ear plugs. I saw it not last time at OSH but a few years back, and by the end of his time there, everybody around me (we were front and center on the line) was in physical pain. Plus it gets pretty boring to watch it sit there screaming and yaw left and yaw right. I think the best Harrier demo would be to come screaming in at a full speed low pass, just off the end of the runway does a max performance course reversal into a CAS type run using down rang view as enemy position, do a sliding 180 past the center down range view to a maximum performance departure. Show the thing as effective in the role we have payed it to fill, don't punish us with excess semi relevant capability.

Back