If you can't afford real flight

Yeah it's payware, FS2004 stock isn't all that great, put some addons can make it shine. For example, a module called FS Force turns the feedback (which stock in FS sucks!!) into a more likeable and more realistic feedback. I have my FS tricked out hehe.

Dave Krall CFII said:
SIMS are cool if you can't fly... TKS.

BTW:
What is the round thing sticking up on the left wing supposed to be on PIX 2 & 3 of the link above ???

That's supposed to be the clasp on the mini-window in the Archer....take a step back and then you'll see :yes: It's actually on the window, but the window looks totally clear, so it's tough to see. :redface:

Jason

HPNPilot1200 said:
That's supposed to be the clasp on the mini-window in the Archer....take a step back and then you'll see :yes: It's actually on the window, but the window looks totally clear, so it's tough to see. :redface:

Jason

Thanks, I see it now. ...so much for virtual reality !

Dave Krall CFII said:
Thanks, I see it now. ...so much for virtual reality !

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger there bud, I was wondering the same thing.

I prefer the payware Archer II from Carenado. Very realistic handling and visual model. Their V35B Bonanza is excellent, too.

IMHO Microsoft Flight Simulator is a bargain. It's an outstanding training tool, even if it's not loggable. I have FS 2004 on my home desktop computer, and FS 2002 (almost as good as 2004, but takes less disk space and system resources) on my laptop with an "el cheapo" fold-up joystick for traveling. I'll often use it to "rehearse" approaches that may be needed on upcoming flights, and it helps a great deal.

-- Pilawt

Last edited:
Tomahawk674

Great pictures!

I fly on my FS2004 almost every night. Earned my PPL in a Tomahawk.

Now working on instrument rating.

If you can save up about $40 you can add a terrain enhancement that will do wonders.

Terry

:D

Back