If money were no object

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
And you had all the desired ratings, etc.

What would you fly?

I have a friend that flies the Bombardier Global Express and I asked him this and was surprised that he said in a perfect world he would fly some single engine, fabric covered, antique plane.

I could go that route myself. I like flying just to fly. Don't need a mission but I love the look of the twin commander. Good lookin plane. Low rider ;)

Would be cool to be in command of something like this:
http://www.trade-a-plane.com/detail/aircraft/Multi+Engine+Piston/1962/Commander/680FP/1658214.html

So what is your dream plane / mission?

When I bought my 182 I didn't have a license, so they flew the plane to my home airport.
They also brought a Pilates PC12 to pick up the pilot... Now that was a cool plane. In the last 12 months I have flow in a 172, 182, v tail, Christian eagle, RV4, super cub and a 1936 travel air. So the PC12 is the plane, followed by the RV4 and super cub tied for 2nd. I think the RV and super cub are obtainable, the only PC12 I will ever own will be a model on my desk.

Aircam on amphibs, latest greatest motorglider one of these would do. Maybe a helicopter, couple of para/speedgliders for low hassle fun. Figure with this thought experiment one would be location independent, I wouldn't need a traveling airplane(I'll take the smoker a couple of times a year) but duplicate aircraft for different parts of the world. Second sailplane for overwintering in NZ, third one for the Alps.:goofy:

Cessna 421... modified

Never heard of that but that is a cool lookin bird.

They occasionally will appear at DTO. At least one is based with Biz Air and another company on the field had a contract for final fitting of interior fixtures.

Attachments

• 10058d1294364762-triple-tandem-wings-future-piaggio_p180_avanti_ii_a.jpg
    10058d1294364762-triple-tandem-wings-future-piaggio_p180_avanti_ii_a.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 7
f20grey_bg.jpg

King Air for travel
Pitts for fun
Just Aircraft superstol or similar for back country
Grumman Widgedon for the lakes and rivers
Spartan Executive, polished, becuase it is one bad a$$ looking airplane!

If money were NO object?

PC-12 for long and/or family trips.
RV-10 for shorter hops and burger runs.
P-38, P-51 or Spitfire for fun.

And a Net Jets account, for when I'd rather let someone else do the flying.

I'm changing my answer so I can race Andy. SR-71 please.

See...Tom Blair spitfire aviation. I'll settle for his collection. He made his wad thru healthcare industry.

I think an SR71 would be too cramped plus you would walk around smelling let Jet-A afterwards. I'd take the Google 767 myself.

I think an SR71 would be too cramped plus you would walk around smelling let Jet-A afterwards. I'd take the Google 767 myself.

Who cares if it's cramped...you're not going to spend much time in it anyway.

A private jet of some sort with a crew.

Who cares if it's cramped...you're not going to spend much time in it anyway.

Oh I'm going to be in the back with my private crew of hot little FA's getting the full body rub down. And then some.

Useful load is probably impressive but only holds 7 and it is a glider so always looking for a tow pilot and an airport that sells solid rocket fuel.

we're not gonna let something as trivial as "hey, who's got the best price on solid rocket fuel 'round here" get in the way of this fantasy thread where I get to fly an OV-104 now are we? :goofy:

Back