If moist air is less dense, why can you cut it with a knife?

I like it. Can you do one on why the speed of sound changes based on Temperature. . I have to explain that one a lot to guys getting first jet experience when we are talking about compressibility of a free gas and the relationship of IAS, TAS and Mach

Excellent video. Short, sweet, and too the point! Not much manages to retain my attention the whole way through.

Now, please explain why a horse quarter-sheet is named so when it clearly is about half the size of a normal sheet. (Waiting for my wife at the barn and when I asked she just rolled her eyes)

Good video but he didn’t explain why it feels heavier. My guess is a reduced evaporation rate with humid air, even though it’s less dense.

Good video but he didn’t explain why it feels heavier. My guess is a reduced evaporation rate with humid air, even though it’s less dense.
I'd say because it's harder to breathe due to the lower partial pressure of oxygen.

I'd say because it's harder to breathe due to the lower partial pressure of oxygen.
Could be. Except that you don’t feel the heaviness with just pressure changes, at least I never have. Either way I could do without it.

E9268BF8-207E-4313-A0BA-BC694D89BFC3.jpeg

All I know is that it’s easier to see shockwaves in moist air.

Thanks. I feel slightly less dense myself after watching that. :)

Back