If I was going to buy a section of land...

I flew into Kansas once.

Almost could not land because it is soooooo flat...

Cute how they have a history page claiming 3 runways etc when it’s obviously perfectly shaped for alien landers!

So…. PoA flyin?

That's one of the reasons not to buy it. Some of the POA'ers might show up.

Also, I suggest he doesn't buy it because that would just drive the cost of a section of land up for the rest of us...

That's one of the reasons not to buy it. Some of the POA'ers might show up.

Also, I suggest he doesn't buy it because that would just drive the cost of a section of land up for the rest of us...
If you're worried about land values going up, a PoA flyin is just the cure! If all else fails, invite @eman1200 !

edit: but he'll probably be out of town...

The aviation capital of the world. ;) Per the Kansas Dept of Aviation.

Still not good enough to get me there! :)

My grandparents homesteaded on a section 30 miles NW of Edna. Once my father learned to land on real aircraft carriers, he told his dad he would not come home to visit until there was indoor plumbing. Frugal, stubborn farmer, my Grandpa.

Grandma's birthday was in August, often a time to reunite with family. I spent way too many sleepless nights sweating in the "kids guest room" (the loft of the homestead) listening to the window air conditioners downstairs, behind closed doors. Scarred for life.

My own kids were treated to a hotel in town with an indoor pool with a waterfall and hot tub, so they actually have fond memories of visiting the farm. Spoiled brats, my Grandpa would say. :yesnod:

There's a grass strip for sale about 35 minutes from me which is on the maps as the "Flying H Ranch" airport (OK50). 20 acres (roughly 2,400' runway I believe). If it had any structures on the property for a hangar it would be worth it, but having to maintain a property by dragging the tractor/brush hog out there every 2 weeks would get old, fast.

There's a grass strip for sale about 35 minutes from me which is on the maps as the "Flying H Ranch" airport (OK50). 20 acres (roughly 2,400' runway I believe). If it had any structures on the property for a hangar it would be worth it, but having to maintain a property by dragging the tractor/brush hog out there every 2 weeks would get old, fast.
I hear there are people that enjoy mowing grass. o_O

I hear there are people that enjoy mowing grass. o_O
Lol, I'll bet there are. I could buy one of the last two plats of land at an established airport even closer to me with lighted/paved runway for probably what that 20 acres was selling for, and I don't have to maintain a thing. Juice isn't quite worth the squeeze on that particular piece of land. Might be right for someone who already lives out there though.

Back