If Anybody's Looking For a Good "Front End Developer"...

Motherfuton!! I'll bet that guy would have made a good hand model if he had not had his hand stabbed in church camp when he was younger!!

LOL, I love the CSS part....did you actually look at his CSS "work." Pretty damned impressive. heh.

I'll bet that ubergeek doesn't use @hotmail as an email address in a resume.

Actually, the way everything's worded, I'm gonna go ahead and guess that he does use either hotmail or aol as his primary email.

Yep!!!111one!

OOOH he makes some serious bank at $15/hour!

too freakin' funny.

"I'll make your site hotter than the sun, motherfuton" (paraphrase)

My favorite may be:

That's right, I'll Ajax the crap out of your site. Nothing, and I mean nothing will be static. I'll pull your data asynchronously from every orifice of your server.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

LOL is this what you guys do all day at work.

I work for:

kramerica_industries_t-shirt_thumbnail.gif

kramer_pic_big.jpg

Ahhh, the new generation. So well-spoken and professional...

Just in case anybody was confused, it's a gag:

• + Just over 130,000 hits to the portfolio
  • + Just over 1500 new followers on Twitter
  • + @keeg was the first person to Retweet it
  • + Within 2 hours of my posting it on Twitter, it had already received over 8,000 hits
  • + Of those 130,000, Reddit sent the most, 22,000 in a two hour time span
  • + 2 BIG companies came knocking (more on that later)
  • + Firefox and Safari made up 80% of the visitors
  • + Windows was 53% to 36% from Mac OS X
  • + Someone tried a dictionary attack (of sorts) on my site; and actually found a few other directories
  • + Over 1,000 links came in from other sites
  • + Peter Bowden didn’t believe that I made Jeremy Cowart’s blog to which Jeremy corrected him
  • + Most interesting Tweet came from Tom Whitwell of Time Online announcing me as his new CTO.
http://esbueno.noahstokes.com/post/91311777/random-stats-from-last-week

Looks like Mr. Stokes engaged in what was half an experiment in social networking, half an exercise in drumming up attention for him professionally. A success on both counts, I'd say, based on those stats alone... I'm sure there are plenty of folks out there who'd love to get 130,000 hits on their resume -- even if it was a fake one -- and some attention from Time Online. Good stuff.

IMHO, claiming it was a joke does not absolve the user of the < blink > tag from the death penalty.

IMHO, claiming it was a joke does not absolve the user of the < blink > tag from the death penalty.

I'm reminded of (yet another) Seinfeld scene: "That doesn't make it right."

I actually used <marquee> the other day, and I wants to slash my wrists afterwards. lol

Did you use that to highlight your @hotmail account on your online resume?

Yep. I believe it looked like this:
Code:
<h1>for tecknicul halp, contact</h1>
<marquee><a href=mailto:skyhog@hotmail.com>MEEEEEE</a></marquee>
<h2>&copy; 2009 Me and me stuff</h2>
<?php
echo "Oneeeeee!!!!1111!1one";
?>

Yep. I believe it looked like this:
Code:
<h1>for tecknicul halp, contact</h1>
<marquee><a href=mailto:skyhog@hotmail.com>MEEEEEE</a></marquee>
<h2>&copy; 2009 Me and me stuff</h2>
<?php
echo "Oneeeeee!!!!1111!1one";
?>

Don't you need quotes around the href attribute's value for the anchor tag? (being serious here--are the quotes optional?)

Don't you need quotes around the href attribute's value for the anchor tag? (being serious here--are the quotes optional?)

Properly, yes. I always use quotes (that was actually intentional, as were a few other typos).

However, they are optional, but a good idea to use to avoid confusion with other attributes, IMHO.

edit: yes, I intentionally used <hx> tags and I intentionally used a useless php section too.

That's how hotmail programmers work.

Last edited:
Back